T5 AMC carbine is not doing what it is suppose to be doing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Durandalx, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Durandalx

What does it's description state?

-Controllable Recoil
    -Better Damage Output
    -Better capabilities for longer ranges

So, I tested the weapon along with the Trac 5 to see how it compares in Recoil, Damage, and Range Damage Drop-off.

Recoil:

The recoil difference is either completely identical, either so small that it is barely noticeable. However, the T5 AMC does have a slightly higher first shot recoil, making it harder to predict.

Lower recoil? Nope.

Damage:

At 5m of distance:
    TRAC-5: 6 bars
    T5 AMC: 6 bars

Higher damage? Nope.

Range Drop-off:

At 80m of distance:
    TRAC-5: 4 bars
    T5 AMC: 4 bars

Improved damage at range? Nope.

Other differences:

Rate of fire:

The T5 AMC has a significantly lower rate of fire compared to all other TR carbines. The T5 AMC takes aproximatelly ~2 more seconds to empty it's magazine.

This is the DPS of the two carbines, found on a Damage Chart posted by the user Thorbinator on Reddit:
    (source)

TRAC-5: 1,788
    T5 AMC: 1,538

While this chart was not updated post-launch, it is easy to see how the DPS of the T5 AMC can be lower than the TRAC-5 due to the slower rate of fire.

Reload speed:

The only redeeming feature of the T5 AMC is an improved reloading speed. It takes around 0.75 seconds less to reload the T5 AMC.

Conclusion:

Looking for a weapon with controllable recoil and an improved damage output, the players get a gun with annoying recoil, lower rate of fire, and faster reloads.

I don't get it.

The T5 should be a 6 shot kill with lower damage drop-off, or a 5 shot kill with the same standard drop-off. It's recoil should either be slightly lower over-all, or it should simply have moderately less horizontal recoil to make it more controllable at longer range.

Discuss.
  2. HadesR

I think that's the same with most side grade weapons .. They are just small changes rather than huge noticeable ones ...
    And are more about just fine tuning your own play style than an increase in player / weapon power.
  3. Durandalx

Did you read the whole thread? Most of the stats are completely identical.
  4. SixVoltSamurai

Eh, I don't understand the fuss in the first place. Trac-5 S is superior in all respects to any other carbine, just get that so you can have access to all the attachments you could ever want, no other gun is needed.

AMC is a tad better at range with controlled bursts, that's about it.
  5. Durandalx

Then the Trac-5 S is obviously unbalanced.

It is not better with short controlled bursts, have you even read what I posted?