T4 AMP

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Jul 24, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

a little feedback on the gun

• good model, but it seems a bit....lacking on the front end of the gun
    • the reload animation is great, good job
    • iron sights seem considerably off
    will scopes ever be added to pistols?
  2. Scr1nRusher

I've been asking that for months/Years.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kn4ck3br0d37

Agree mostly, though I'll add that the sounds for the weapon are great. To me the model feels a bit too much like a ray-gun from an old cartoon, kind of what marvin the martian might use.

Secondaly, I would urge you to take a look at the mag size of the T4 as that 2100 damage per mag is a bit low.

Here we have a weapon that has a very fast rate of fire (900+) with a fairly wide cone of fire and quite a bit of bloom that is usually used in frantic "Oh nanites!" CQC moments and if you're up against a heavy with his shield (1750 HP) you need to nail 18 out of those 21 shots and that's if he doesn't have nanoweave. Sure headshots may occur of course but you shouldn't have to rely on it to score a reliable kill really.

It's a very unique weapon with a very cool reload animation and great sound assets but I really can't see it as much of an upgrade to the Repeater, or even a sidegrade for that matter as the repeaters higher damage per shot gives it a simmilar TTK while also giving you a higher damage per magazine.
  4. AdmiralArcher

yeah i used it extensively on test last night at the crown

and boy...it is damn near impossible to get kills with it

it simply doesnt do enough damage in 10 bullets, you end up firing all 21 before you even notice it, unless you are at point blank range, and the person isnt moving, its very hard to hit things

the most luck i had with it was killing people who had already been damaged.

i went into VR as an NC and tried out the NC Mag Scatter, and......its powerful.....2 hit kill if you hit them in the chest both times without missing

its not that the mag scatter it too powerful

but it just feels more finished than the AMP, the AMP feels off when you use it, it could be the firing animation, or the scope (which sucks)

currently, the Mag Scatter has one of THE BEST scoped in recoil patterns i have ever seen, while the AMP has quite possibly the worst, it just goes straight up with a really fast side to side recoil making it impossible to burst hit anything
    • Up x 1