T4 AMP or TS2 Inquisitor?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vectore, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Vectore

I have got all the gears I need for my infiltrator and I started to invest into pistol. I don't really like the commissioner or underboss because my laptop is laggy and aiming for headshot is near to impossible. Also, I have little experience in TR arsenal. Any advices guys?
  2. RedArmy

amp for close range, commisioner for anything else - there are no other guns u should be using
    the ghetto sniper the blackhand is also acceptable but not reccomended
    the stock repeater is better than the inquisitor. one of the best guns in game and free. if u cant kill with the repeater, you dont want the amp
  3. Armcross

Invest to your repeater, one of the best if not the best secondary(panic) gun and overall too. With this in mind I prefer AMP but learn to burst and leave some ammo before reloading. But if enemy is less than 2-3 meters you can go full auto to his face. Make sure the first bullet hit and 80-90% landead head to chest area.
  4. Alan Kalane

in short: AMP is terribad and worse in everything compared to the repeater.

in short: the inquisitors's only selling point is the highest damage/mag. Which is only useful if you are engaging multiple enemies at once, which you probably shouldn't do with a pistol.

Repeater/Commie all the way.
  5. Liewec123

as the others have said, its hard to sell pistols to TR since your starting pistol is arguably the best sidearm in the game ;)

that being said i've had some fun stalking with inquisitor,
    if you can click really quickly while still maintaining mouse control then its a pretty awesome weapon,
    (i found ammo belt was a MUST when using it for stalker.)

i've only tested AMP in VR but from testing it doesn't seem very good, if you're in knife range then you can kill things really fast (but you might aswell knife), every other range and you'll be firing in bursts or running out of ammo (in which case repeater is better)
  6. OldMaster80

The amp is like an automatic repeater thus there is no reason yo buy it. The repeater itself works very well.

Stay instead away from the Inquisitor: worst pistol of the game.
  7. Goretzu

The Repeater is arguably the best overall pistol in the game, I'd certainly go for that first, unless you have a very specific playstyle in mind.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

If i had to choose between the two, i would have to go with the Inquisitor.

The AMP empties its mag extremely fast, has a large recoil, and if you miss even one shot, you are dead.
    You need really good aim to even be decent with the AMP.
    Its "ok" as a weapon you pull out when you are reloading in a 1v1 and they are at ~20% health.
    That being said, the AMP is like a worse repeater that trades the ability to full-auto for every other stat.

The Inquisitor doesent do very much damage, but you have some leeway because of the large mag, and can be spammed.
    It doesent punish you for not playing perfectly, but also doesent reward you for doing good either.

The best pistol in the game is probably the Repeater. Its everything you could want in a pistol.
    For stalkers and straight up combat, its a beast in CQB, with the fastest TTK of any pistol in the game.
    As a "oh crap" 1v1 weapon, its controllable, fast TTK and a good enough mag size. And doesent punish you too much when missing.
    Only thing its lacking is long range. Its surprisingly accurate at medium range, but obviously looses to something like a blackhand/commi
    Very good overall pistol that can do almost everything really well.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ballto21

emperor for everything with decent trigger discipline at range and spamery in cqc. if youre looking for an auraxfor the obama inquisitor over amp
  10. Iridar51

Keep the repater and spam the left mouse button. You'll get the same thing as AMP but with more damage per magazine. Inquisitor is crap and shouldn't be used.
  11. CMDante

I miss my 2-round burst Inquisitor :(
  12. FeralBoy

I would agree with most others that the Repeater is arguably the best sidearm in the game, and if you aren't looking to go for the Directive master weapon, the President, then it (the Repeater) is all you'll ever need.

I have to respectfully disagree with those claiming that the AMP is bad. It isn't 'bad' at all. It just happens to have an extremely small effective wheelhouse, which is nuts-to-butt. You just have to be in knife range for the AMP to really shine. If you get the jump at that range it is almost always lights out for any non-MAX class.
    I certainly wouldn't recommend it to you as a sidearm 'main' though.

Stick with the Repeater. Like a previous poster said, just spam the L/mouse button.
    Happy hunting.
  13. CMDante

I'm not sure why everyone has such big claims on the Repeater. I find it hard to make that gun work, it's too inaccurate, the bloom is insane and it takes 3 (of your 7) bursts to kill even in optimal range. I'm a decent shot and I've used it for for a few hours with little success.

Go with the Emperor for a good all-rounder. It's like a nerfed mag-shot and still very good.
  14. Voross

I salute your TR loyalty wanting to use the AMP because of that sweet Dakka Dakka but it's IMHO pretty bad compared to the Repeater. I've never used the Inquisitor but as someone whos computer is also pretty **** I can recommend the emperor.
  15. DeadlyPeanutt

i've got an amp which is fun but has low damage, much lower than my primary sidearm which is the commissioner.

one of the most fun things in the game for an engie or LA is dancing around a fully shielded HA with a commissioner popping him in his pointy head until he expires. it doesn't always work, but when it does it's huge fun.
  16. BurntMyWater

The Inquisitor can actually be pretty good due to its large magazine and manageable COF. Its actually my favourite ES pistol for stalker. But you've got to click insanely fast to be a serious threat. The AMP would be glorious if I didnt have to practically shove it up the enemy's butt and empty the clip just to get a kill.
  17. AlterEgo

Inquisitor. It has everything a guy needs (it performs the role of a pocket SMG better than the AMP ever did).
  18. Stigma

Both the AMP and inquisitor have their own issues you need to be aware of.

The AMP is actually a really good close-range finisher of heavily wounded targets. It's also fun to use for dakka-reasons. It's main problem is that the repeater does the same job - just better. More DPM, much better effective range ect. Used on its own the AMP will frequently run through its entire magazine and not get a kill for it - and just forget about shielded heavies even if they are shooting at someone else...

The inquisitor is a much better and more balanced gun. I kind of like it. The DPM is great - you can kill anything in a magazine if you just get enough time to do so. Effective DPS is a problem because you have to spamclick it very fast to get optimal DPS - and aiming
    well while doing so can be hard. This is why the emperor is usually favored if you want a typical semiauto. That said the inquisitor isn't a bad gun at all, but it can be a little hard to use for "assassination" style killings for stalker infiltrators.

As everyone else has said already - commisioner is hard to not recommend for basically any use (absurdly good hipfire a huge revolver...) and the repeater is a top tier gun in CQC. These are the safe choices.

Always remember you can go to VR and play around to see what you like.
    -Stigma
  19. Littleman

The inquisitor's only draw back is that it's semi-auto. The thing is laser beam accurate spamming the trigger, has an ample quantity of ammo, and like any non-commisionar, a fast reload. Basically, if you like the Emperor, the Inquisitor is a great side grade. The Emperor is preferable in CQC simply because it kills in one less bullet (huge advantage with semi-auto weapons of similar "RoF,") but the Inquisitor is the most capable side arm in the TR line up, probably the whole game. It's like a semi-auto carbine. It excels at nothing in particular, but it's only failing is that it doesn't excel at anything in particular.

And honestly, the Commissioner is over rated. In truth, most of the dudes people are murdering with the Commissionar aren't aware of their presence until AFTER they're being fired upon, and those that do retaliate are often ADSing a .5x ads weapon on impulse even within 10m, rendering them ultra slow, easy targets at that range. But a duel between a dude with a magnum and a pistol that has many spare rounds and can empty them quickly? My money's on the latter weapon.
  20. Mxiter

AMP is too inaccurate and have very low DPM wich makes it hard tu use, even against a single full health target.

Inquisitor have a great mag size and great accuracy, but it's hard to reach decent DPS/TTK due to it's low damage-high semi auto ROF wich makes you dies before you target face to face too often.

Emperor have well balanced DPS/DPM/range (accuracy+damage degradation)/great reload time and is certainly the most underestimated TR specific sidearm.