T-REK upgrade to the Sensor Dart that disables vehicles

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by blzbug, Dec 5, 2012.

1. blzbug

Inf have 0 anti-tank capability. C4 would be nice. We'll see if SOE does anything about that.
    I haven't tried EMP grenades yet, and likely won't until I hear more reviews on their utility. But even if EMP nades are effective against tanks, take them and you can't carry frag, which you still need.

How about making an alt-fire upgrade for the Sensor that turns it into the old T-REK that fires an EMP pulse, or a nano-virus dart, or whatever planetside fiction is suitable. Hit a vehicle with it and weapons/shield/radar? are disabled for XX seconds. Give some small XP for your efforts. This would give inf some actual AV value. Not in a "rambo blew up the tank" area, but in a sneaky "why is my tank broken" way.

This would also dovetail nicely with vehicle hacking, which we will presumably get in the future? There sure are alot of tasty AMS sitting around with nobody guarding them. And inf who comes across an AMS currently has nothing to do but try to farm a few spawners.
  2. Tenebrae Aeterna

Could be interesting...

A certification could improve a vehicles response time to an invasive computer virus, balancing it out.

Temporary disabling of ground based vehicles...and could even have it effect air that flies too low, but instead of disabling them and ensuring a crash...it could just make them fly all over the place and out of control by bugging their flight mechanics. Both types would ensure that your allies could have a chance to take the disabled vehicle out quickly.
  3. Jeos DInas

I'd settle for some type of systems scrambler. The trick is to not make it too powerful. Movement impairing or something. If we get C4, we'd have to choose. Something that we can plant but need to risk close proximity or something we can shoot that will aid our teammates in destroying the target. One option favors close range builds. One favors longer ranged.
  4. OmegaDestroyer

I'd like being able to scramble vehicles. It would certainly make the dart more viable.