System Specs Feedback

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AgentBryan, May 18, 2013.

1. AgentBryan

Hey guys. I've been playing for about 6 months now, and although I am pretty satisfied with the game performance on my PC, I accidentally turned the graphics up last week and forgot to undo it upon restarting... and the game actually played better, and looked so much nicer. So I was wondering if I could post my specs and my .ini, and maybe some of you guys could give me some advice on what to set my stuff to? If I can get the game looking even nicer on my current box, I'd be eternally grateful to you all!

Specs:

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz
    RAM
    12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77-DS3H (Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz)
    Graphics
    1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 64 °C
    Hard Drives
    932GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA)

.INI:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=1
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    FullscreenWidth=1600
    FullscreenHeight=900
    WindowedWidth=1592
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=2
    ShadowQuality=2
    RenderDistance=6000.000000
    Gamma=0.500000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=1
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=3
    EffectsQuality=2
    TerrainQuality=2
    FloraQuality=2
    ModelQuality=2
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=1
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0

Thanks in advance guys. Never changed the .INI before so if I've not provided anything you need to help, just ask :D
  2. AgentBryan

No help then? :(
  3. MaxCorr

for more fps i would set

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=1
    ShadowQuality=0
    RenderDistance=1000.000000
    Gamma=0.500000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=3
    EffectsQuality=2
    TerrainQuality=2
    FloraQuality=2
    ModelQuality=2
    VerticalFOV=55
    ParticleLOD=1
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0
    AO=0
  4. Alexlightning7

that will help him in battles slightly, but that is the equivilent of "Super low" settings except for that graphics and lighting quality.

heres what I would do OP, but im not sure how you system will handel it at that resolution. I am basing this on how the 650m compares to my card, and how the 650m compares to a 550 ti. No idea how accurate this will be, but whatever.

btw, keep Shadow quality on 1. I find it to be the best looks/performance. I thnk the game looks horrible without shadows, but if you need to help your CPU bottleneck in battles, thats a thing to turn down.

Also, you wont see a difference between renderdistance 6000 and 2000. It probably wont increase performance by much, since all big battles are confined to within 2000, but it might help.

I also enabled AO in this. It effects your CPU, not GPU, so out of battle your fps will be similar while in battle your fps will be slightly lower. how much lower varies. I only drop maybe 1-2 fps but some people swear they drop 5-10. If you are in warpgate and CPU bottlenecked, turn this off in game.

I put you on ultra settings, they have the same or better performance as high and look better, so the question is really if you can run in game high fine.
    Also, I know at 1080p with ultra textures it will slightly exede 1 Gb of vRAM, but your at a lower resolution so you might be ok.
    If you are experiencing strange sort of stutter, you might wanna try turning the in game texture quality setting to high. You will have to go back in the ini to put it on ultra again.
    Try this out and see what you think. remember to keep shadows on low, that alone may make up for the fps of turning all the other settings higher.
  5. AgentBryan

Thanks for the feedback guys. Alex, put yours in and was getting 30-40fps just driving around on my own, but dropped to 20-30 in a small fight, so reverted back to the settings in my original post. Which modifications to your suggested specs do you think I could make to keep fps above 30 in fights, or would you say the ones in my post are probably about best I can get?