[Suggestion] Swords?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Halasker, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Halasker

Hello!
    Fine, as stalker cloak fan I am ready to lose secondary weapon. But, hey, we already have that oneshoting-sometimes knife, maybe add some infiltrator-only swords(slow but deadly, idk? just tired of this knife spam after two years)?
  2. SlugSniper

I'd like to see some kind of large futuristic melee weapon that can damage vehicles, but is slower than knives.
    • Up x 3
  3. Sharkasaur

AV melee would be really broken against most vehicles, as turrets generally can't shoot at infantry that's hugging them point blank. And it'd be easy for infiltrators to sneak up to tanks.

activated knives are pretty good now, still some amount of wonkiness as the firing delay isn't completely gone. But it's mostly reliable and imo a very capable "primary" for stalkers in its current state.
  4. WarmasterRaptor

We call that a Power Fist ;)

Bring in the Space Marines!
  5. MrMinistry30

Yeah, finally SWORD FIGHTS IN PS2 (with blocking of course)! even though it does not really fit into the game it would be fun to see 2 infis duelling in the middle of combat :)

- rapier sword for fast attacks with short range (no one-hit-kills)
    - broad swords for slower attacks that deal some dmg even when blocked (no one-hit-kills)
    - two-handed long swords with slow swing but some nice range and one-hit-kill potential
    - light sabre for blocking bullets but quite loud and bright with beams in faction colour (so easy to spot when activated)

No, honestly... as cool as that might sound, i don't really know if "elite players" could accept something new like this and even i am not certain if it really fits into the game. Furthermore, it would be a pain in the *** when it comes to balancing these things.

ONE way for testing and maybe implementing stuff like that could be an event, even though i would totally understand it it was never implemented because developing, designing and balancing stuff that might never come to live gameplay might be a waste of time when there are other things to do... What do you think?
  6. SarahM

Imho, hit reg is too wonky atm for meelee.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I made a more mundane and hopefully simpler suggestion in another forum - a bayonet lug for primary weapon. You can fix your knife to it at the cost of another attachement. The knife works the same way but just has longer reach.
    And you don't have to equip a melee weapons at the cost of something else.

Simples!
  8. kr47er

That's a preety good idea. The game is lacking UB attachments..
  9. Masyaka

You want to walk inside of a house, you die right when coming into the doorway. A stalker infil with a sword killed you, vanu captured indar and TR is popping your warpgate.