Suspicious Drop Pod Insertions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Apathy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Apathy

Hello everyone,

Maybe this is just me, but I've just been experiencing something unusual.

Fighting at Zurvan I noticed a few of troops on the northern ridge between the base and the Palisades as usual. I took them out without too much of an issue. Very quickly I noticed that the same three guys were back again and took them out again and this time noticed the spawn beacon and took that out too.

Moments later, one of the three drop podded onto the ridge. No beacon or any other troops around (loving scout raidar), but it could have been sort of malfunction with instant action, although the closest fighting for their faction was at least one full sector away. I killed him off and the beacon he planted. Maybe about 15 seconds later another did the same thing. Same spot, no other troops around. I hovered around for a while watching for a good 30 - 60 seconds or so. All was quiet and again suddenly one of the same three guys drops in a pod out of nowhere, with no obvious way to spawn there.

Now I'm suspicious. This is too fast to be spawn beacons, and there weren't any alive long enough for people to spawn on them. Instant action has a cool down as far as I remember... what are they spawning on?

Thoughts?
  2. AnotherNoob

If their squad leader where there, they can "squad deploy" on him every 5 min without a beacon. Also, you can just pass to lead to someone who is in a good position, and then drop there...
  3. gigastar

Yeah, sounds about right.
  4. Apathy

I hadn't thought about passing squad leader, but the area is clear, then suddenly they'll drop pod into it. There needs to be somebody or something there for them to drop onto.

After typing and posting the thread I went back and sure enough the same three guys are there again.
  5. Apathy

The only viable thing I can think of is someone sat there in a cloaked flash, but my graphics are crap and cloaks are plainly visible to me, and the cloak would have expired while I was there anyway and showed up on radar.
  6. Cyridius

A squad leader can hide somewhere. The rest can then spawn back at warpgate and spam squad leader deploy(As there is no cooldown if you do this from warpgate).
  7. Apathy

There's no cooldown if you do it from the gate? That I didn't know. That just seems like it's open to abuse!
  8. AnotherNoob

It is the same 5 min cool down to drop from the warp gate as well. The squad leader doesn't need to be alive, you can drop on his corpse as well.