Support for low-end machines and FPS

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Frostbitten, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Frostbitten

[C2D, AMD Athlon X2 users take your diazepam pill before reading this]

SOE is trying to do noble thing and optimize this game for everyone to have the proper experience... But guess what? That ain't working at the moment and the future is pretty cloudy about that.

Like the Tom Schenck said in FNO - render distance is mostly client related now and they're throttling it (pretty nastly) in the big battles so the owners of proper machines couldn't get advantage over the "poor" ones.

So, what is actually unfair here? Let's first try to define what should be decent playable rig in 2013. There is a lot of crying coming from the owners of pretty much high-end machines and that's absolutely fine.

But, when I see a thread by someone using Core2 Duo, Athlon X2 rigs from when? 2006? And graphics card just a little bit newer than that... I am sorry, but I can't think anything that you guys are being douches here to the other ones.

You are playing this game because you can't play any other decent FPS at the moment and because it's free to play, and even if you tried (and failed) playing any new FPS you won't surely come and whine to official forums because you probably pirated it. This game is massive in every single computational resource term and it needs something at least decent. EOD, case closed.

Hold down a rage at moment and, honestly, think about it.

Get a Q6600 for 50-60$ and clock it to 3.2-3.4GHz and enjoy some, not great, but decent performance. You don't have 50-60$? What? I don't hear you, but you spent SmedBucks on new camo and helmet. Really? I don't care, go do student jobs for a week and buy yourself a decent upgrade and stop molesting developers with your worries. Let's set the bar this way - Q6600 overclock (50-60$), 4GB RAM (40$), GTX260 (90-100$) and above - you can complain about performance. But any lower than that, get your "stuff" together and invest something.

Thank you.

/flame on