Sunderers will be able to cloak soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RykerStruvian, Jul 9, 2015.

1. RykerStruvian

• Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

Soon? The message is just a description of how the certs work, nothing about time.
  3. RykerStruvian

I knew someone would jump on the usage of 'soon' :p
  4. FateJH

So, just to clarify, BBurness is saying that a Vehicle Stealth 5 rank will be the cloak module when the Sunderer is deployed?
  5. Dualice

I hope it gets polished some more before it goes live. It's kinda pants on PTS at the moment. Very easy to spot the bubble within 50m or so, and for some reason it cloaks enemies that walk inside it (amusingly with their own empire-specific cloak noise).
  6. Sulsa

Love that it's at the end of the stealth cert line.
    Fantastic final upgrade idea :D
    • Up x 1
  7. FateJH

Why wouldn't it?
  8. FieldMarshall

Thanks for letting us know.
    Glad to see they are continuing SOEs tradition of expecting players to repost news. Makes me feel like a valuable customer.
    • Up x 1
  9. Crator

It's a very anticipated ability. PS1 had it as the main AMS function and we finally get it in PS2. The main reason I checked this thread is to find out when this will be added. I assumed it would say when since you said 'soon'.
  10. WTSherman

That is when. Soon(tm). ;)
  11. Crator

Unfortunately, the tweet doesn't even say soon. I suppose we can assume that since they are tweeting about it?
  12. JustBoo

Exactly. Not living my life for this game, this is news to me.

Is this going to be a sundy that while spawning people will sit there cloaked and invisible?

Some players squealed like rabid pigs on crack about the Battle Sundy (which I certed into) and now this is thought to be a good idea?

Ohhhhh, I get it... people will spend certs and real money on it for awhile, but in the end, it will be nerfed into useless nerfdom and oblivion. Check.
  13. RykerStruvian

Every tweet he's posted about changes came out with a following patch. And people are already saying its on PTS. Come on, Crator. Don't get hung up over word usage since its pretty petty and above you. And as stated earlier, just about every change to the game they've announced so far within the past two months has come out within a few weeks. Thats changes to lockdown, MAXs, engy rifle, sunderer rear armor, mines, etc.

So to answer your question, yes. Assume soon because they have a trend of following up with announcements after a month or two, in comparison to never.
  14. H4YW1R3

Of course they will. This is Sundererside 2 after all.

With blockade armor and dual furies, a sunderer crew of 3 engineers can spawn one for less resources than MBTs or Lightnings, then proceed to take out several of those vehicles as well as others and infantry alike. So not only do they have their own role as a transport and spawn point, in many cases they outperform MBTs, Lightnings, and Harrassers at other roles. On top of all that, 2 bricks for C4 can take out a MBT or Lightning, but can't take out a stock sunderer without blockade armor or deployment shield.

With the deployment shield and resource revamp, HA are no longer efficient for taking out enemy spawnpoints. Players had to start pulling AV maxes because even at 450 resources, they are more efficient at taking out those spawn points. I never bothered certing my max until the resource revamp + deployment shield went live. And then what did DB/SOE do after players started pulling more maxes? They implement the Archer AMR and Anti-Tank Mine changes. So now, if someone pulls a 450 resource max and engages a sunderer at range to avoid anti-tank mine traps, one of the many players spawning off the sunderer can simple access the equipment terminal, pull a 0 resource engineer with his trusty Archer, and easily dispatch the max before the max can take out the sunderer, then proceed to repair the damage dealt to the sunderer.

So yeah! Why not give them cloaks as well? That way players can camp the sunderer invisibly and gank any player who comes close enough to threaten it.
  15. RykerStruvian

Blockade armor isn't really that big of a deal as it use to be. One of the things they did with one of the previous patches was nerf it, in particular the rear armor. That was the main reason why it was a bit OP to begin with (rear armor had a 10% damage reduction, I believe, which was lowered to 5% like the other sides). Besides, sunderer cloaking would take up the blockade armor/mineguard slot. I really doubt people are going to trade off fury wraith for fury sundy (if the sundy is equipped with cloaking).

But back to the sunderer/blockade armor thing, that was actually on reddit. Someone pointed it out, one of the devs didn't realize that was the case since he had just been assigned vehicle balance, he took notice of it and made the change. But yes, the whole reason why it was OP is because you could drive backwards and soak up damage while one engy reps you from the front and you have two people using the furies on top. You can't do that anymore.
  16. H4YW1R3

I already know this.

Never had to drive backwards to take out MBTs and Lightnings. I'm sure it helped, but we don't have/never had any issues taking them out without reverse driving/reinforced rear armor.
  17. RykerStruvian

Regardless, the point is moot in regards to this change only because blockade armor cannot be used with vehicle stealth, its one or the other. As it stands, a 2/2 AV MBT can take on a 3/3 sunderer w/ fury and blockade, so a 2/2 non AV MBT could take on a 3/3 sunderer w/ fury and vehicle stealth.
  18. H4YW1R3

A 2/2 AV MBT might take out a 3/3 battle sundie if they MBT crew has some skill and range. But against a good battle sundie crew who know how to use the terrain and implement reps, it's not likely.

And my point might have been moot if I had actually said that the added stealth feature could be used with blockade armor (which I did not and was just another assumption on your part), or was going to be used to any kind of advantage on a battle sundie.

My point was that sunderers already enjoy enough options, roles, and survivability. Especially for only 200 certs. They're hands down, the best bang for the buck. They don't need yet another feature. So my point, taken as intended, is a valid opinion. What sunderers need is to be brought in line. The sunderer that exists in the game now, should require 450 resources.
  19. RykerStruvian

I can definitely see your point, now that its been rephrased. The thing is though, the resource values in the game are not necessarily what they should be. In otherwords, I was under the impression the resource values/resource change was phase 1 of an uncompleted resource revamp as part of 'Planetside 2.0'. In their current iteration, sunderers do definitely have a lot more going for them and I've said the same as well in the past, the fact that they are often times far more effective than necessarily a tank at a lowercost with more function.

If you want to increase the resource cost, sure. But at the same time, giving the sunderer more roles isn't necessarily a bad thing. If anything, if more people use a cloaking feature on the sunderer as a means to hide the sunderer from enemies to act as a forward spawn, I think you in turn see less sunderers used for other purposes. It would negate itself essentially.

So yes, resource hike, sure. But I don't see more options as a bad thing is all I am saying at least.
  20. Iridar51

Not sure how I feel about this. The latest changes to Sunderer auto spot range were more than enough, imo. Stealth bubble is probably going to be an overkill.

I see how this is gonna make life much easier for attackers.