Sunderer Defense: Blockade Armor vs Nanite Repair

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pwnstarr, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Pwnstarr

Any opinions on this topic?

I have the auto-repair cert but I'm thinking of getting the blockade armor, because repair is nice when no one's hitting the Sunderer but doesn't help at all while taking fire... I am thinking I'd rather survive the engagement and repair manually in a quiet spot. Does blockade armor help much?
  2. downer36

yea, Nanite is not really useful unless you plan on using it only for transport and do not want to take the time to repair the 10% damage it has. Blockade armor helps keep it alive, especially when you are spawning and have a few engineers on it.
  3. OMGSquirrel

I would always advocate the blockade armor over nanite repair for an AMS sunderer, because of how the damage comes in - usually thick and fast, as in rocket pods or other high damage explody things. When you take that big damage you'll want to have somebody fixing it with a repair tool anyway, so no need to rely on the typically slow nanites. Damage reduction instead, can prevent the sunderer being blown up before your engineer has chance to do his thing.

Don't get me wrong, nanite repairs have their place - I personally like to carry them on my vanguard/ESFs because they save me from having to stop, exit and repair (potentially getting killed in the process). But if I'm parked up, taking big damage and can respawn right where I fall, I'd be repairing with my engineer tool.