[Suggestion] Sunderer APC slot?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, May 1, 2022.

1. Mechwolf

Sunderers were made to be APCs, as well as spawn points, so why not make an APC module to incentivize more people to use them as APCs?

With this module, you could have a similar function to that of how the Punisher SMG works, different deploy abilities to infantry per class driving the Sunderer.

Light assault: Enhanced movement speed for 15 seconds.
    Engineer: 10% increased damage for 15 seconds
    Medic: Passive health and shield regen for 20 seconds.
    Heavy: 200 extra shield for 15 seconds
    Infiltrator: Cloak and masked radar for 10 seconds.

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. Tycoh

Would this stack with the Triage certification or no?
  3. Mechwolf

I'm not a dev, but given that every other healing effect can stack to a degree, idk why not
  4. LodeTria

You'd need to buff them against infantry AV before you make people wanting to put them in places to actually apply these buffs.
  5. Mechwolf

Between the Mag's boost, The Vanguard's shield, or the Prowler's overall speed, and the Chimera's prowler matching speed or being able to reverse as fast as it goes forward... and them all having smokescreen, and potentially kobalts/vulcans idk what else would be needed.
  6. Mechwolf

If anything, extending the Galaxy's anti-lockon aura to ground vehicles might be a good idea though.
  7. AuricStarSand

Koltyr was the battle bus friendly map. Now no more. I kinda miss Koltyr for that. As their was no enemy MBT's to fight, nor harassers. & the battle bus was able to fight Lightnings fairly well.

So really Battle Bus isn't a thing if MBT's & Harassers are a thing. Thus Sunders need a buff to deal with long range MBT's & Hit & Run Harrasers. Or harassers that get so close your not able to shoot them, they are hugging the bus. Not able to scope down enough to shoot, for most gun types. When manning a sunder verse harasser.

Obviously MBT's are more of a problem for the Battle Bus, than harassers are. Medium range MBT's are a sunders worst enemy. If they are near you can use double bulldogs & if they are far you can use the new basilisk guns. Tho mid range? Theirs nothing. & MBT's are mostly a mid range vehicle.

Also what is the point of the Fury for a sunderer? Someone told me the Fury got nerfed on a sunder, why? Its nearly useless, its aim is nearly as bad as a bulldog, yet does like half the dmg of a bulldog. Eitherway Fury & Bulldog gunners both have the same level of aim, yet Bulldog wins by a mile for dps reasons. So fury is pointless, nobodies using a Fury for long range, not even mid range.

Overall Sunders need an extra slot to be battle bus available to be equally matched verse MBT's. Should a Sunder that costs less but needs 2 gunners, do just as good as a MBT that needs 1 gunner? YES, equally as good. 1 costs a bit more, but the other needs a extra gunner. So they should be equal in strength. With a vet driver.

Also it's just plain boring if my magrider can only go on killstreak runs, but my sunder isn't able to. Or with equal skill.
    Also adding new utilities won't help if they take the slots available right now. So yes you need a new slot added. I already need Bolstered Armor or w/e the extra sunder hp defense utility is. Not to mention the c4 guard for it, is kinda pointless. As I'm not dodging LA while driving, only when parked, but that utility isn't for parking ur sunder, its for driving around shooting stuff. Deployment shield is for parking, Bolstered is for fighting. & I already use the repair utility button. That's the only way to battle bus. Yet isn't good enough. So ye you'd need a new slot overall, to boost sunderer performance against 1) MBT's who shoot from mid to far range & 2) Harassers who drive 1 feet away from ur guns aim hugging ur sunder.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

let´s not add damagebuffs like this please ...
    instead, MAX and turret repairs, ammo repleshiment and/or resistance to explosives ..
  9. Mechwolf

Maybe resistance to explosives and something like reduced fall damage/resistance to roadkills. The other 2 suggestions already come with Triage and ammo packs work for people in sunderers.