Suit slot question/discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Amnoon, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Amnoon

I want to start cert on my classes after the nanoweave change and i wonder what suit slot you choose for every class. I am very doubtful in some cases.

Another pooint is: what do you prefer now? the advanced shield capacitor of the nanoweave armor? There is some class that suit better with de ASC right now?
  2. z1967

Just about all of my classes except engineer run ammo pack. But, you might be better off with something like Flak or ASC. Nanoweave is still a viable option it is just not as universally applicable as it used to be.
  3. repairtool6

If you are in doubt -------> Flak. End of story.

All other options have different uses, so you will get 1000 different answers and propably get confused lol. Its not as easy as With the old Nanoweave (thankfully)

About ASC: In my opinion ASC is fun and pretty good on any loadout where you run many medkits (3-4 medkits) but sucks on loadouts where you use other stuff like c4. Dont use ASC if you dont plan to take many medkits with you
  4. Bl4ckVoid

I just stoppped using NW5 and switched to Flak 5 on all my loadouts.
    Grenades, AI mines, rockets, tanks, ESF, Libs - Flak helps a lot against these. NW5 is worthless against snipers (sadly) and in a 1 vs 1 it does not matter that much to be worthwhile. When it is infantry only, consider ASC or NW5, but otherwise: FLAK.

I only use ASC for medic, health + shield regen is good, too bad I suck with the medic weapons.
  5. Amnoon

For long range sniper it is ASC viable? Normally when another sniper (or a long range class) find me i start a duel and if he don't headshot me i must be hidden a lot of time until my shields are up, maybe with de ASC i will be faster in battle to shoot people...
  6. Stromberg

flak armor or as I call I call it, anti-cheese armor. especially on indar you really want that flak armor.
  7. Tommyp2006

I tend to flip between shield capacitor and flak armor depending on loadout, though I sometimes run grenade bandolier on my heavy or engie, or ammo belt on my light assault if I'm roof camping.
  8. TheBloodEagle

Slot should changed based on your situation. My HA example: For Sundy hunting or MAX crashes I go for Grenade Bandelier. For a vehicle zerg, I grab my munitions pouch. For regular infantry combat, I'm running with ACS. If I use my minigun, I throw on ammo belt, etc. The only one I have zero reason to use is Flak, even though I'm an avid vehicle killer & will always go out of my way to C4 one. I just find it a waste of certs because usually the reason you die is your own fault when approaching a vehicle. If you're an Engine or Medic, then yeah, get it.
  9. TheBloodEagle

Yeah it'll help. But if you're a long range sniper I say go with full nanoweave (or ammo belt) and use medkits. I say only use ASC if you're doing medium & short range combat.
    • Up x 1
  10. DeadlyPeanutt

engie main... full flak (i play near maxes a lot and they take a lot of rocket hits)
    LA and HA... full nanoweave
  11. eatcow0

I didn't really notice any difference having nanoweave 4 over a different suit so tried out grenade bandolier and been enjoying having more grenades more so. Run it on my medic w/ revive grenades and HA. Engi I switch between it and flak depending on the situation. Throwing a bunch of sticky grenades on a max is hilarious however.
  12. TheBloodEagle

Sadly, I think it only makes a difference when maxed out since it only mitigates 20% of body damage. But that's 1000 certs I think. Shrug....
  13. uhlan

Because of the nature of the game, determining what loadouts to use are very commonsensical choices.

If you have lots of cover fighting lots of infantry, go NW.

If you are defending against a zerg and/or need to come from cover to attack, go flak.

If you are running as a max support engi, run flak.

etc, etc...
  14. St0mpy

i can see how asc works well with med/resto kit play but if you want other utilities its better to pick nano or flak - myself I see them as saying indoor vs outdoor and I have an loadout with each on most of mine
  15. dBMachine

I go with flak armor on most except for infiltrator which gets nanoweave.
  16. GeneralPeragorn

Infiltrator: ASC Don't go with Nanoweave, if you're in fight where it's important, your health reduction will kill you anyway
    LA, Medic, HA: For infantry loadouts, go with Nanoweave, especially on the heavy. As both LA and HA are pushing classes, the couple of extra bullets help
    Engie: Flak, no doubt about it. You will always be near vehicles, maxes or your own explosives. It's suicide to run with anything else.
  17. Paperlamp

Infil: Anything, really depends.
    LA: Nano/Ammo
    HA: Nano or Shield Cap(w/Resist Shield)
    Engineer: Nade Bandolier/Flak
    Medic: Nano

For the most part I take more damage from infantry guns than anything else, I just avoid explosion spam areas as much as possible. Taking an extra two freaking bullets to kill against most other infantry is big and will give you a major edge against anyone not using nano. And against slower RoF weapons with high damage per bullet it can be even better.

Nano should be your default overall, really.

As for the exceptions:

Engi has the best grenade in the game so bandolier makes sense. And if tanking, you want flak period.

LA it can be worth running ammo since you're often away from engis, but usually only if you're going for a mid-range play-style picking people off from some odd spot - CQC style LA is better w/nano definitely.

Heavy, resist shield is going to take an indirect nerf soon so nano + NMG will probably be the best HA option in the near future. There's some argument for flak too if you're going to be chasing vehicles around with a dumb fire or something but I don't bother with that.

Infil needs more nano than other classes to make a difference I think, but can still be well worth it. A faster shield regen can be very valuable as well but I also feel it requires high ranks to be worthwhile. And of course you could run extra ammo if sniping too. Hell even flak or grenade bandolier are worth considering, as sometimes your goal is to go into areas where there's mine spam, or sometimes you want more EMPs to take a bunch of shields out to spam a high mag capacity SMG into a medic ball or whatever.
  18. Halcyon

Grenade pack. You can never have enough grenades. Great for clearing rooms and corners.
  19. Pikachu

Some many butt boring players using the same cert on all classes. -.-

Inf: flak
    LA: grenade belt
    Medic: flak
    Engineer: grenade belt
    HA: rocket belt
  20. IamnotAmazing

I recently got addicted to acs on my medic