[SUGGETION] Water shouldn't kill you and you don't need any swiming mechanics.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MorganM, Jan 30, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

Fair enough; this is why you're the game dev :p
    It could still have the NS logo somewhere on the sign, though. They are very suspicious people!
  2. DukeFlash

You could always use both text and the skull & crossbones y'know.
    • Up x 1
  3. manfromh

Yeah, pirate infested waters.
    • Up x 7
  4. Runegrace

Ah, beat me to it. Biohazard sign is now usually used for just that reason, no?
    • Up x 3
  5. Larington

Might also be worth tweaking the visuals for the toxic water itself to get across more clearly this is nasty stuff. Perhaps make it more yellow than green, having it bubbling or whatever other nasty stuff the artists can come up with.
  6. Scientiarum

Yeah, use the bio hazard sign I say.
  7. Carbon Copied

Not only that but each of the bases should have some suspension of disbelief about them. Strike the difference between collection of soul less huts or an actual base - little details give it that "something". I know you can't go down to "single player level of detail" but after OMFG I would have hoped to see some alittle more immersion pushed in. Even the occasional change of prop would be better than seeing the blanket bog standard "brown NS box" it's visually boring (the yellow and white barrels back).

As suggested prior; rupture the pipes and give it some obvious "sabotage" indicators - maybe over turned barrels by the side of the water sunk in the mud - then get the art team in to re texture the "lush green grass" into something abit more.... vile and toxic...
    • Up x 3
  8. MorganM

That would be awesome, thanks!
  9. RasFW

"Extremely Difficult Ski Slope", yeah. But we need something to warn them about evil-water-death. :D

How about a No Swimming sign?
    • Up x 1
  10. OldMaster80

i thought that was cyber-piranhas! Good to know! :eek:
  11. Prudentia

make a holodisplay (like the terminals) with the Biohazard symbol and some symbols from the Magriders HUD running trough. gibberish is the same in every language :D
    • Up x 1
  12. Godsmangamer

really really like the no swimming sign lol would love to see it in game
  13. Wobberjockey

their continued refusal to answer this leads me to suspect the answer is "NO!, stop asking"

it's just more polite to pretend they didn't see it though