[Suggestion] Suggestions to weapon balance per Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iPlague, Jan 12, 2014.

1. iPlague

WARNING, WALL OF TEXT
    ”there’s balance in imbalance” my ***

First things first, this is my point of view on the current ”meta” in Planetside 2
    The current gun game of PS2 has gone in the favour of the NC faction, as most of their weapons are a cut above in terms of damage dealing 167 DPB. This means any headshot done from their general arsenal is deadlier than that of most others, this is also reflected in the Reaper DMR, AC-X11, or Gauss Saw’s ability to kill with 3 shots to the head at ANY range.

But let’s list the 3 factions to get an overview of the pros and cons.

These are the general faction strengths and weaknesses as dictated by SOE, excluding NS weaponry.
    At the start of this game, this was the general traits of each empire, and as time passed new weapons who were exceptions to these “rules” were added. And a few things that people discovered were as following. The TR aren’t allowed high DPB weapons, there’s two guns for the TR which has above 143 DPB which is the 2 burst AR SABR-13, and the TMG-50, which BCP preferred, and the reason is pretty obvious as it’s the only high damage guns that rewarded accuracy on the TR side, and even then you can’t go full auto with the SABR-13 (Which is also the only TR AR with only 30 rounds per mag)

The Vanu Sovereignty which rewards accuracy foremost has arguably the best arsenal. Not only does the beamer shoot 167 DPB, which is their stock pistol, but they have access to a wide variety of hard hitting and fast firing weapons, to their choosing, such as the Orion VS54 with a 750 RPM 143 DPB, which is arguably the best LMG in the game as it has the best hipfire for its TTK, while being a .75 movement speed weapon, in case you want more damage per bullet, the Flare or Ursa provides that.

The New Conglomerate relies mostly on high DPB, which highly favours accurate players; you may say this as the NC has a higher skill ceiling in terms of the guns than the TR or VS. The primary weakness of this faction tends to be less spray and praying, and to back this up most of their weapons don’t go above 600 Rounds Per Minute, in general you’re only trumped by the Vanu in terms of firepower per bullet,

What does this mean for the game? In terms of weapon statistics the Vanu are best off with access to both ideologies of weapons, where the TR is the sore loser. Why do I say this? Because the NC also has access to high ROF weapons that go above their average 600 ROF, such as the Carnage AR, GR-22, EM1, and GD-7F. Ultimately the TR are the sore losers here with no high DPB Carbine, and more uncontrollable Horizontal Recoil, the fact that even their ROF carbines are trumped by the other factions seems to tbe the finishing touch to confirm this, which also is a slap to the face. Why should the NC have access to the highest ROF carbine when they are the highest DPB faction? This baffles me, and even more as the GD-7F was buffed in terms of ADSing and is arguable even better than the Serpent (as of recent hip fire and ADS loss per shot buff) or the VX6-7.
    The TR has access to the Lynx with a ROF of 800, same as the VX6-7, but with its current nerfs after PU2 with its increased reload, vertical and horizontal recoil, the so called .75 treatment, it’s no longer as controllable as other weapons, as it now has the highest recoil patterns with a combined Vertical and Horizontal recoil, making this a broken toy.

One can argue the Lynx has best killing potential with its 40 bullets per mag, but what’s the point if you can’t hit them, as it’s uncontrollable and useless.

Suggestions in the carbine section.

In Regards to LMGs

In terms of Assault Rifles I can only think of this.

For Pistols

For Sniper Rifles

For the MAX AV weapons 2 things happened.

In terms of SMGs, I can only say buffing the Hailstorm to be on par with the Blitz, and Sirius, giving it either 845 RPM like the others, or something else.

In terms of factional vehicles there’s 3 ******** things currently going on in my own opinion.

2. iPlague

Feel free to discuss, argue, and proof read this.
  3. Meliorist

I like the idea of a frontal shield for the vanguard. I'd still prefer to have the prowler's lockdown, but at least this incarnation of the vanguard shield would be less cheesy.

Might want to work your layout though, it's a little hard to read.
  4. Angry Scientist

Oh hey, the NC Is Overpowered threads are starting up. The cycle continues.
  5. IamDH

tl; dr version please :)
  6. iPlague

A strawmans comment eh? I never said they were OP, but yes, they are strong strong, like every other empire~

Just read the small boxes for the suggestions per weapon / feature
  7. Angry Scientist

The only real buff the NC got was not being nerfed at PU2. We've been playing hardmode for awhile and suddenly...the shackles were taken off. I'm sorry if the reality hits you hard but welcome to our world. Maybe you'll learn your guns like the NC did and find their potential.
    • Up x 2
  8. Necron

TR never complained about NC when we were on farm, but now that we can defend ourselves we are OP? OH, TRyhard, when will it end. Learn to fight; don't expect SOE to just GIVE the kills to you.
  9. Alarox

This isn't really a discussion on the "current gunplay meta". It is more of a list of perceived imbalances from a TR player's perspective.

I don't appreciate false advertising.
    • Up x 1
  10. iPlague

Ever heard of sass? They aren't OP, they are just strong, so is TR. The only thing I dislike about NC is just TR is the only faction not having a 167 dmg carbine, and well, Vanguard, but no one likes that now do they?
    If this made them OP oh boy golly, but it doesn't so once again, you misunderstand my intentions and go into some defense mode
  11. Campagne

A TR UP thread? Haven't seen one of these in a little while.