[Suggestions/Opinions] Thoughts on the new NC Max ability and the Sparrow.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Messaiga, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Messaiga

At the moment, on the test server I would say the NC Max is in a good place, but I am thinking that the NC Max Aegis Shield is meant to lead a charge from your sunderer in the open, to the inside of a base such as a tower. At the moment it does not fill that role very well, and more importantly the NC Max has no way to dispatch an opponent when the shield is up, not even a melee attack. if you manage to have enough time to get up to an enemy, put the shield down, punch them twice, and get the shield back up, that guy was probably AFK. As for the sparrow, it does not fit in with the NC idea of weapons. It is rather fast firing, has a large mag size, low damage per shot. The VS got their new AV weapon spot on, as for the TR Fracture I have no comments on it. I had a few ideas of my own to bring the shield in a slightly better place without it being OP, same for the Sparrow.
    • Allow the NC Max to sprint and use a shield bash melee or possibly even adding a Sword to the ability for melee just because it would look awesome.
    • Reduce the amount of damage that the shield is able to absorb. Level 1 should absorb 7,500 down from 10,000. Level 2 should absorb 9,375 down from 12,000. Level 3 should absorb 11,250 down from 14,000. Level 4 should absorb 13,125 down from 16,000. Level 5 should absorb 15,000 down from 20,000.
    • Increase the width of the Aegis Shield so it is no longer a personal shield and make the Aegis Shield a solid object that is able to be shot through by teammates, so teammates cannot run through it and shoot while being safe, and possibly even prevent vehicles from running you over when the shield is up, so I would assume you just inherit the vehicle's velocity once you get hit by the vehicle.
    • Make EMP grenades disable ALL abilities currently activated in the room. This includes Heavy Shields, Medic AOE Heal, all Max abilities (Excluding Ammo Canisters), and Cloaking.
    • Sparrows: Give them 1 rocket per clip that deal 750 direct hit damage against all targets at the current ROF (80 RPM), give them a 5.2 second reload speed like the Phoenix because these are obviously meant to be used at longer ranges, where reload speed is not really a burden. Extended mags would give a second rocket per clip.
    • Also reduce the cost of extended mags on all Max weapons, 500 certs is way too much, it should be 200 or 250 at the very highest.
    Over all this reduces the durability of the NC Max Aegis Shield by 25%, while adding the ability to sprint while the shield is up, use a melee attack, keep your teammates safe behind the shield, and possibly even stop vehicles from running you over. We might also see EMP Grenades getting much more use because they have some great potential if mechanics like this get implemented. Thoughts and opinions are welcome, if you are gonna troll don't bother posting please. Be constructive in your criticism, don't just be like "HELL NO, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NEWB HERE".
    • Up x 1
  2. Messaiga

/Bump Also the Sparrow fires at a ROF of 48, not 80.
  3. Bape

Reduce the absorption of the shield? no everyone still complaining it to weak against a platoon or more then one enemy shooting at you wow worse idea ever sorry. The sparrow idea isn't bad I like having more damage and wouldn't mind that but overall I did not like you're shield idea or emp grenade unless emp grenade effects anchor mode?
  4. Messaiga

It would effect Anchor Mode and ZOE, like I said all infantry abilities would be deactivated by EMP and unable to re-activate until the EMP wears off, it would not effect Max Ammo Canisters however, because it is not really an ability. Also I don't see how people are complaining it is so weak, 20k health should keep you safe. Unless they buff it to an extreme amount of health on the shield or they make it so small arms fire cannot hurt the shield then there will always be complaints. By extreme amount I mean like if they brought it up past 40k. I don't really think that a whole enemy platoon would fire on one Max, and I imagine if Max's were leading a charge there would be at least 5 Max's, which means they have to deal 100K damage to bring the shields all down, and then the shields regenerate so quickly.
    • Up x 1
  5. Messaiga

Welp, after extensive testing, I think I am going to completely rethink my ideas, because at the moment I have a better solution for changing the NC Max Shields. I hope posting another thread about this does not count as spam but I would edit this if I could, dumb forums, can't edit things that have existed for more than 30 minutes.................................. /Close
    • Up x 1