Suggestions: Improving the Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Traswill, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Traswill

Here's a list of ideas I had recently. Feedback is welcome.

1) Ability - Mobile Teleporter
    The ability to place both an entrance and exit for a teleporter.

This would fit very well with the concept of the class: to infiltrate. For balance sake, only squad members can use the teleporter, and the teleporter will break after a certain number of uses (Maybe 8 uses). Also, it should take time to set up, be very easy to spot and destroy, and cause you to become a red dot on enemy radar.

2) Booby Traps
    This is basically a anti hacker ability. It replaces the hacking ability (so the infil cannot hack anything) but allows the placement of a booby trap on friendly hackable objects. The trap activates when a hack is attempted, prevents the hack, damages the enemy, and makes some sort of sound alerting nearby players. This could be overpowered, so there should be some way to limit this (maybe place a limit that can be upgraded via certs)

3) Cloak Overcharge
    There should be some sort of super-cloak that replaces the primary weapon slot. Pistol only, but complete invisibility for a length of time (maybe 10 seconds). This is for those who REALLY want to infiltrate, and it may fit well with some other infiltrator abilities.

4) Increased spot abilities
    Those who play as snipers should naturally spot everyone they see. As infil, that is a huge aspect of the class. The infiltrator should be able to upgrade their ability to spot enemies (spot lasts longer or something).

5) Vehicle Hacking
    This is self-explanatory(and has already been suggested), but should have multiple levels. The infil should be able to disable only movement ability, only primary cannon/secondary weapon, or cause everyone in the vehicle to be ejected for a short period of time.

There are my ideas currently. Thoughts and criticisms?
  2. Flaeb

1) Been playing the Engineer in TF2 eh? We have the Router in PS1 that did this job, I say bring that vehicle back and let the infiltrators just sneak in to place the teleporter in the base, don't give the ability to just infiltrators.

2) Replace Booby Traps, you keep the hacking ability since every infiltrator NEEDS the hacking ability. Instead, you can upload viruses like in PS1. You could hack a terminal to make it yours, but the terminal can't be re-hacked for a time limit, and the higher level it is, the longer the time is. (not a fan of my idea, but I'm also not a fan of the booby traps removing the ability to hack)

3) A suit is being added called the Stalker Cloak. You get rid of the primary weapon and you use only the side arm and knife, you don't lose cloaking nanites when moving, and you're suppose to be more invisible the less you move.

4) We already have a tool and it does a okay job when you put points into that spot tool, although it could use some tweaks.

5) Agree 1000%, hopefully someday
  3. PanzerGoddess

1. ....this is the worst idea ever. Was not in ps1, does not need to be in ps2. We had the router but it was more a vehicle, which was good for ps1, not needed here. Great way to find ways to exploit this horrible design.

2. This I like, I prefer it to kill the enemy infy who tries to hack a terminal. Then again I can see this being abused unless they had a way to allow a limited times you can booby trap with a timer, etc.

3. .....no no no. They just need to make some slight changes to the current cloak atm, preferably make it a actual "cloak" and perhaps add the length of time you are cloaked...like double it :)

4. Um...How bout just the ability to just fkcn spot something without yelling for everyone to hear....

5. please bring this back, PLEASE!!!!!!!!
  4. Kalocin

It'd be cool if spotting was revamped to show for only close ranged, but infiltrator spotting works for a larger radius.