[Suggestion] Scale back FOV changes on ESFs...a bit.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by skifton, Nov 24, 2013.

1. skifton

Pretty straightforward. They changed the Field of View on ESF in-cockpit (and out-of-cokpit) views. It's a cool change, and I actually like it a lot....but it's a bit too much. SOE should dial that change back a little bit. It just makes aiming at anything more than a stone's throw away very difficult for any pilot... I've been flying since Beta and as you get 200-300 meters away from things, they get REALLY tiny on-scren (because of the field of view squeezing them down). Things like tanks and liberators, I mean.

Cool change, Sony, I like it...makes the aircraft seem faster and more fun...but just dial it back a little bit.

Also, the cockpit interior is HUGE now...and just looks like it takes up too much space on the screen. They need to shorten it if they're going to increase the FOV much, so it doesn't get distorted with the new FOV changes.
  2. Scorpio

I have mix feelings about it right now, don't know if it was intentional or not; but it gave me the idea that it will be cool if we could change our FoV on vehicles, just like you can when you are playing Infantry.
  3. skifton

I do like the changes a lot personally....it makes you feel faster, makes it more exciting. It poses some problems for aiming at a distance though...real problems. Things get VERY tiny VERY quickly when you're at a distance...and your gun will still be able to hit them, but at that distance it's just too hard to see what you're shooting at, especially at night. Harder than it should be.

As for having a slider, I think that it might be one of those "unfair advantage" things SOE tries to stay away from, it really does give you quite a bit more viewing area to have the FOV jacked so much in an ESF. They really don't want graphics changes to change the way people play (and the advantages/disadvantages people have over others)...and that's something pilots are very touchy about.

It could be cool to have different FOVs for different vehicles that are set in stone though...right now they just boosted it for everything by the same margin...they need to scale it back a little for aircraft, I think.
  4. daniel696

For me they are fine, but this could be a option, Vehicle Field of View, I don't know.
    • Up x 1