[Suggestion] NS Operatives, give em' a max!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Liewec123, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Liewec123

currently the robo faction is a pretty interesting idea to try to balance out pops,
    but this faction has a huge downside, their lack of access to empire specific stuff!
    that means no ESF, no MBT and no max!

my suggestion?
    give em' a max!

granted they would only have access to bursters and Gorgons,
    but still, it'd give them a lot more options to combat enemy overpops!

i'm imagining them looking something like the Ymir from Mass Effect
    [IMG]

But what about their faction specific ability?!
    a wacky idea could be that instead of having a unique ability like ZoE, shield and lockdown,
    they'd have a split shield/health healthpool like infantry but at the values of a max! (2000 total)
    i'm imagining the split will be more shield than health, perhaps 300 health 700 shield.
    the shield will rapidly regenerate when out of combat for X seconds.

this will make them highly susceptible to EMP nades, because hey, its a robot!
    but it will also give them way more staying power than the other manned-maxes, because hey, its a robot!

another option could be a sort of "repair mode", this would be an ability,
    when the ability key is held down the max would enter a sort of "stasis" where they cannot move or fire but regain health rapidly,
    it would last until the button is released but taking damage will end it early,
    coming out of repair mode could have a short downtime (so choose wisely when to use it between fights!)
  2. Blue_Lion

I do not think calling them max would be right. Extra heavy robot frame that has max level armor and weapons. (that way they can help with max crashes.)