[SUGGESTION] Force Everyone on Indar, Block Access to Other Continents

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MistaN, Apr 16, 2013.

1. MistaN

We're supposed to be testing battle flow on Indar. I see people fighting on Esamir, why? There's no reason for people to even have access to the other continents right now. We really need to focus on Indar right now and the population is already low as it is. Force everyone onto Indar so we can properly test it. At least for a while so we can test the battle flow on indar.

This will guarantee that as many ppl as possible are on Indar. The constant Indar Alerts/Events wont keep people there because they start with 10k certs and wont even be able to keep anything from the test server anyways so the cert incentive is moot.

Thanks for taking the time to read :D
    • Up x 2
  2. Lafladitu

this is not a viable option as that would prevent us from testing out changes on the new continents and the changes on older continents.

test server is for testing. use /yell to call people to your location and you can fight against other factions, or login on prime test times that happens now and then with developers :)
  3. MistaN

I'm not saying that they need to do it indefinitely. The focus of the testing right now seems to be for the battle flow on Indar. If that's the focus then what i suggested needs to happen.

3 continents right now isnt going to do anything but spread out the already scarce population. We need as many ppl on Indar as possible, atm. Focus test Indar then open up the other continents as they get the data that they need from Indar.

Also, using /yell wont do much because it doesnt yell to the entire continent...let alone other continents.
  4. Worph

Which would be...?
  5. thrikerr

Every time I'm on the test server, the other two continents are literally empty.
    • Up x 1
  6. MistaN

Every time I join, there's people fighting on Esamir. There were a few squads the last time I joined.
    • Up x 1
  7. Messaiga

Well reason people are on Esamir or Amerish is because of resources, Indar barely gives any good amounts of resources anymore (On the test server) and Esamir and Amerish are usually capped by a faction and you can get lots of resources there, great when you like vehicles.
  8. Kon

exactly, they need to force indar logon then remove the warp terminals from the warpgates no other continents no VR.. just testing the indar changes this doesn't have to be permanent but for the next 2 - 3 weeks its a good idea
  9. OldMaster80

This morning none on Indar, everyone on Esamir
    The problem is changes to battle flow require much more people to be tested effectively, SOE should find a good incentive to bring people here and give it a try otherwise final result might be unsatisfactory once it's pushed to live server.
    I mean... as long as it's me vs 2 TR how can we say if the new changes are good or not? :(
  10. doombro

/yell only shows for people in your hex.
  11. Notyoz Tacoz

They're doing "Very Important" Testing of Ghost Capping, shhhh, don't interrupt them they get really irritable and will run off to Amerish, if they run into any real resistance while trying to Cap.
  12. Regpuppy

Exactly, and currently there is nothing to test but Indar's lattice system. We already know how Esamir and Amerish's hex system works. This is not another regular open server where people should have total freedom. If the lattice goes through and Esamir needs a new lattice tested, then that continent should be the only one open for a few weeks. Then when all three continents have had their lattice system changed and we're testing small adjustments and passes to the older Indar and Esamir to improve upon them with what they learned, we should be able to test on all three.