Suggestion for a new and improved TS2 Inquisitor

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by iPlague, Apr 14, 2014.

1. iPlague

Please SOE do not give up on the idea of a 2x Burst Inquisitor pistol!

You should "remake" the Inquisitor just like you did with the Lynx!
    The old Inquisitor without any changes done to it with the addition of the 2x Burst fire mode was OP I am aware, thus I propose these changes for a fresh new 2x Burst Inquisitor to become an accurate deadly mid range Pistol for the Terran Republic that will be on par with the Desperado.

My "proposed changes" New TS2 Inquisitor
    -Changing Inquisitor ROF to 400 from 500, hence limiting it's Rounds Per Second to 6.66 from 8.3
    -It's change in ROF would mean a decrease in DPS from 1265 to 953.33
    -Keeping bullet damage at 143.
    -Enabling 2x Burst Mode.
    -Changing Magazine Capacity from 30 Bullets to 24.
    -Ammo pool from 90 to 72

Other than that having it remain it's COF and ADS stats this would be a good pistol on par with the Desperado without overpowering it by any means

The gun, like any other 143 tier damage weapon would kill a target in 6-7 shots in the chest, but would kill a target, just like the desperado, by shooting 2 perfect bursts in the head.
    (Technically the Desperado only needs 3 shots in the head, but the Inquisitor would need 4 due to it being a tier lower)

I posted this in another Thread I am aware, but I felt it deserved it's own thread.
    • Up x 5
  2. iPlague

Shameless Bump. Looking for feedback here
  3. Phos!

There wasn't any balance problem with giving the TS2 a burst fire. Unlike the desperado or TRAP, it didn't alter the gun's rate of fire. All it did was make it easier to to get the most out of it. Even with burst fire its DPS was well below repeater. You still set up a macro key or bind fire to the scroll wheel or something else equally cludgy. This would have just been an official route.
  4. iPlague

Yeah but Apparently SOE doesn't want anyone to be able to actually use the full potential of a pistol without using a Macro or something
  5. Klondor

I'll give them another few weeks for a second try, hopefully they do it.
  6. Takoita

Something tells me that feature will be saved for the next round of pistols.
  7. iPlague

I sure hope not, instead of adding new things they should just balance the old. Just like they did with the Old Lynx and New Lynx.
    They could also for one change the Manti Core to be something else rather than a more damage slower ROF beamer
  8. Takoita

Yes, that should be the idea in theory, but since NC have yet to receive a shotgun pistol, it is likely not over yet.
  9. iPlague

Cripes.
  10. iPlague

Shameless Bump
  11. Ozade

as soon as the VS get a burst variant then you can have ANOTHER one lol
  12. iPlague

Fun thing - the DPS of the Inquisitor is slightly lower than that of the beamer - If you want a VS burst variant then why not make a suggestion for it instead of merely thinking / commenting about it.
  13. Ozade

because you already have the repeater? because the vs pistols are uninspired and underwhelming? because nanites? all of the above?
  14. iPlague

Another shameless bump
  15. Niller

I don't really agree, I think they should add a new weapon with these kind of stats. I personally thinks the inquisitor have some really unique stats for a pistol.

But I am not a TR, and I don't know if it needs any buffs though, I just don't think changing it into another burst weapon is a good idea, but making a new weapon would be fine with me though.
  16. iPlague

Shameless Bump once again
  17. Kunavi

I think creating a weapon the allure of which is its ROF+Mag Capacity(And which happens to have adequate disadvantages for these), only to make it Semi-Auto, is TROLLING. Especially if it is then stated(If they officially and clearly have) that it is 100% ILLEGAL to use a macro in order to take full advantage of it... The use of PC monitors that provide a XHair Over-Lay is the exact same thing, yet it's absolutely fine and in fact necessary to overcome a prominent issue of PS2. Well, this Troll pistol is in fact one such issue as well. Either let us macro this 1000Cert(+Accessories) weirdness or put the Burst mode back in, with enough Burst in it to fully benefit from its ROF and magazine. That's all... Unless of course there IS no official ban on using a macro for this.
  18. Kunavi

As for our next ES pistol it better be a fully automatic one, the only one to have Extended Mag as an option if need be, to balance it out. Or Dual-Wield full auto pistols(LAs wielding 2 weapons is not the same thing), which empty fast and putting in a new mag takes longer than for any other pistol.
  19. Elkybam

I suppose to benefit SOE's business profits, the Inquisitor should be made as a direct improvement to the Repeater, or nerf the Repeater itself for this gun to receive purchases and good recognition.
  20. iPlague

Well the thing is the repeater still outshines the inquisitor close, but the inquisitor would do better at mid range due to it being more accurate at less DPS.

Over all it would come to the choice of a pocket SMG or a marksman pistol - You could argue the commissioner is better, but with it's somewhat medicore iron sights I find it hard to use that gun across 15 meters. The burst mechanic for the inquisitor was a brilliant mid range pistol option, only outshine'd by the emperor in terms of accuracy (2x burst means 1 bullet can go ham haha)