[Suggestion] Flash upgrades

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by itechen2, Nov 16, 2014.

1. itechen2

Flash Free look in 3rd person. Flash driving would be so much more fun if you could simply have the full range to look around when in 3rd person. Still don't know what i mean? Drive a harrasar in 3rd person, this is exactly how the Flash should be, there really is no good reason not to have %100 free look. the front gun would behave the same and have the same limited range and rotate no further like it is now or maybe just smidge wider, no problem.

Flash needs passive turbo. It has been suggested and shot down time and again but i really believe Flash should have a passive turbo and you would have to cert in to it initially to get turbo on your flash. Again this would make driving the flash so much more fun for everyone, and would aid in hill climbing when you need that last little nudge. There are concerns that it would be OP when paired with wraith cloaking but that remains to be seen and there are several ways to set limits to keep things balanced.

Flash handling needs polish. This vehicle recently had improved handling changes and they are great however trying to pull off a controlled skid is nearly impossible. For me, when attempting a 180 skid or controlled 45 degree is impossible. The flash will either not skid at all, very little or spin out 360 degrees. Would be really nice if stunt driving was made easier.
  2. Rikkit

Hi there, Flash nerd here...

3rd person:
    The best way to use a furry / renegade flash, is to drive and gun it in 3rd person.
    Without the feedback of you aktual weapon turning radius in 3rd person, you will miss some shots.
    Maybe fyou can get this on a flash without a weapon atached to it.
    But i don't belive, that this will be done soon.

Turbo on a Flash. well without wraith i am ok with it,
    but with wraith it's just OP. it's already not that easy to catch me on my flash.
    With Turbo i have to make some big mistakes, to let you get me...

Flash handling now is great now, but i agree, i somewhat missed all my drifts and quick semi controlled turns.
    But after all, the acual handling is a lot better, than the one before.

In my Opinion the Flash is somewaht fine as it is, there are othere things, that need way more atention than the Flash deserves right now.
  3. itechen2

i hardly see that as an issue at all, with some practice you may miss the 1st shot, but you would have a good feel for where your shots land based on you current view of things, furthermore you would be able to tell the moment the gun starts moving again that your at your rotation limit. that right there would indicate to you the shooter where you are in terms of aim.
  4. itechen2

and again turbo and wraith is not OP. goodness me :rolleyes:
  5. itechen2

i love how you completely disregard my point about the developers introducing limits to make wraith cloak and turbo work together without being over powered. its as if you think things are set in stone somewhere. not to mention the fact wraith and turbo has never been together in any vehicle so the blanket statements such as " it is OP" are unfounded opinions at best. it is not different then me claiming that it isn't OP. whether it is or it isn't, again, remains to be seen.

you claim you are OP with just wraith cloak? i seriously doubt that very much. do have video proof to back up your claims of elite supremacy and out of all these kills your raking up with it, how many of them had a KD above 0.5? yea that's what i thought. by the off chance you decide to get cleaver, anyone can take a bunch of kills and splice them all together in a video montage, no that is not proof. give us a nice long uninterrupted 5 minute video of you dominating with your OP flash. my guess is i'll be waiting a while to see said footage.
  6. Rikkit

well, i haven't used shadowplay that often for a while, and i missed to hit the record button for my past streaks with my flash, but well i will try to capture some runs with it, just give me one maybe two weeks to find a good open field battel in the right shape for a flash.

PS: just for the record i have never claimed to be OP on the wraith flash.
    I just claimed, that it's not that easy, to catch me, and i may be something that may be called OP if i also have turbo on my flash.
  7. itechen2

uhhhh hello, you did say that
    exactly, you are just further proving my point flash is extremely situational, and in order to get a kill streak all the right things have to happen. that is not a bad thing but that hardly makes it OP when you have completely certed it out, you should be able to do just that.

again im just saying would be great and fun to have passive turbo on the flash and i am also saying that you should give that idea a chance before you shoot it down. wraith+passive turbo is not OP cause it doesnt exist.

i am just dumb founded as to why no one wants this.:confused:
  8. itechen2

remains to be seen
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

FLASH could has a gun, that's why it has limits.. make it like aircraft, because you can't handle with turns
  10. itechen2

what? maybe i'm being insecure here but i am curious, are you saying i don't know how to drive?

and so it has a gun, what of it? surely there are other limits to implement besides turbo why does turbo get the 86? wow you guys suck at thinking for yourselves
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

you can free look in 3rd person in sundy and harrasar because driver has no gun, you cant do the same with tanks.
  12. itechen2

obviously, we discussed that already. this is about improving the flash, the topic does not read "reasons not to add better functionality to the flash" but it may as well, judging by your feedback.

have you ever heard of "programming"? yea, you can make things do pretty much whatever you want provided the code.

what are you people so afraid of
  13. itechen2

in a tank you can free look in 3rd person, you have limited angle on the y-axis depending on the gun. i dont mind the the guns being limited, so long as you can maintain %100 free look. this brings me full circle to the way the flash feels in 1st person things are the way they are and thats all well and good but when you switch over to 3rd person, you should have %100 free look. the same as you do when you fly a scythe, mosquito, reaver. these are 1 person machines with a nose gun and %100 free look in 3rd person as all ground vehicles should be.

but because only the flash is truly crippled by the way SOE implemented it is the reason why i am focusing more on the flash. remember the limited view for rumble seats? what was the point of that to begin with? horrible design choice in my opinion.
  14. DFDelta

I don't think the Flash needs much buffing currently.
    I run it as radar support on a somewhat regular basis on all toons (yes, I ride it into urban combat that way) and very rarely as a wraith and I think they are fine.
    Maybe another small improvement for its handling (though that has gotten much better over the years), but not much.

Sorry unrelated question, but are you from Miller?
    Your name seems so familiar, I think I've actually fought your Flash a few times bunch of days ago.
    White AV-Magrider with fins and lumifiber.
  15. itechen2

i agree it does not

what i suggested are handling improvements both in terms of view angles and ride ability. turbo well yea sort of buff, but again i still dont see this as a buff as much as perk.
  16. itechen2

17. gary the sewer hobo

The freelook for the flash would definitely be more of a hindrance then a help, you need to know the exact limits of your gun, with free look it would be very difficult to hit those shots where the gun its at its limits as you simply don't know if your weapon has hit the maximum arc or not.
    Turbo should be passive, but should be completely disabled with wraith cloaking. That would be an incredibly powerful combination, it's already easy enough, almost too easy, to escape from danger now, with turbo you'd be pretty much unstoppable.
    Handling could be improved, but I gladly give up my powerslides for the ability to not flip over and explode on every pebble I come across. The flash is in a good place right now and there are far more important things for the devs to be working on, the valkyrie for example.
  18. EggfaceMan

Regarding 3rd person, I made a thread having to do with that. Its a logical addition for something that leaves the driver so exposed.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/flash-deserves-freelook.204209/

However, passive turbo would make Wraith Flashes much too elusive. I made a different thread requesting the passive turbo but PRIOR to the Flash handling changes(And I naively kept turbo at rank 1). The difference now is that you can fly over hills and on top of buildings without fear of flipping over. Coupled with wraith-module, they could go anywhere and attack from ludicrous directions by traversing tough terrain. They'd be able to attack infantry/armor up the butt too consistently. Cloaking and being able to ride sideways up 75° inclines would make escape too easy. Having to disengage by riding off cliffs(like the roadside ones in Amerish) won't stop you from coming back at all. At max rank, Turbo takes 10 seconds to fully recharge. You can climb anything at all and adding cloak to that would simply be overkill. Its more fun to keep each niche seperate so we dont end up having cookie-cutter loadouts as far as combat worthy flashes are concerned.

I run Racer3 on my flash but you can handbrake for 180's and turn with greater alacrity if you use Scrapper. I think the handling changes helped to create a bigger divide between scrapper and racer that wasn't there before. I have no idea what surger is for though.
  19. Rikkit

oh yes, i remember you on esamir, i was showing one of our new outfit members the beaty of the flash, and we was really afraid of you, (damm most of the other magriders were blind)
  20. Cz4rMike

I guess you misplaced 1st and 3rd... Free look in 3rd person ESFs? The 3rd person view of ESFs is fixed. You can "turn" your head in 1st person view.

Having a wider 3rd person view in a flash would be great. Also a toggle between "gun angle" and 180 degrees angle for example would be nice.

Speaking of passive turbo... I would like something like this - but using it with wraith, there would need to be some trade-off. Like disable cloaking beginning at using turbo up to 10s after turbo ends.