Suggestion: Drifter Jetpack

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ethernalvoid, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ethernalvoid

I use the drifter jetpack a lot and i like it,but compared to the other jetpack it is very disadvantaged. I have some suggestion to make ther drifter jetpack useful as the base jetpack.

I suggest to make one of those changes:

1) Make it faster to make the c4 planting on tanks easily
    OR
    2)Make it so stable that allow you to shoot while flying
    OR
    3)Make the drifter goes slightly upward instead down slightly to allow it to climb over obstacles

I hope you like one of these changes. Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english ^^
  2. Achmed20

it doesnt even need to go upwards, just no descending would suffice me.

i'll go for a logic OR and choose 2 AND 3 ^^
    it just useless in its current state.
  3. SixVoltSamurai

While I don't find them to be particularly useful in all situations, they have their niche. However, I have no idea why jump jets would allow someone to plant c4 faster, nor should they allow you to ascend as you're giving up your upward thrust in order to glide much further. 2 might be a good start, allowing control to ADS and shoot while gliding though.
  4. UberBonisseur

Is the drifter actually faster than running ?
  5. Achmed20

feels slighty faster at least.
  6. Nehlis

He meant make the horizontal thrust faster so that he could plant c4 quicker than normal.
  7. Caracal

If it increased my speed, horizontally, per upgrade. I would use it more. But, I do not see that happening. Devs during the last friday night ops mentioned that they were extremely reluctant to add any more speed boosts as it could cause sync issues. personally, i dont know about that as planes/tanks move awefuly fast. But, they know more about that than I do.
  8. SixVoltSamurai

Fair enough, still don't think that needs to be implemented. Too many people already think that the LA's only purpose is to poop C4.
  9. Ethernalvoid

I think if drifter gain more horizontal speed become useful and fair: the base jetpack allow you to go upward and climb over obstacles,the drifter allow you to charge your enemy. Two jetpack for two differents roles :D
  10. Xyntech

I'm definitely in favor of giving drifters some vertical climb. Start it off gradual, where a couple of cert levels in you no longer have any descent and at maximum level you can just barely get to the top of a 2 story building with a full tank of fuel.

Remember how much larger a level 1 drifters fuel tank is, even larger for a max level drifter. A level 1 regular jump pack can reach the second story of a building in seconds, while a max level drifter would take agonizingly longer amounts of time to do the same, with no room to upgrade any further beyond that point.

I just think that vertical climbing is way to integral a part of LA to get rid of it completely for a sidegrade. Keeping the focus of drifters primarily on horizontal flight is fine, and having no vertical gain until a few levels in would be alright, but I think that having high level drifters who could slowly weave their way back and forth, crossing large horizontal gaps and only slowly ascended vertically, would be really interesting.

Oh, and bring back Icarus jump jets.