[Suggestion] "Cheap" Ideas that would revitalize the game

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by deLorenz0, Jan 3, 2024.

1. deLorenz0

Server Miller. Faction Vanu. Character deLorenz0 (DIG).

Dear Devs / Community.
    I've been enjoying Planetside 2 for many years now. I've spent ingame about 1.500 hours, and I Simply love it. There is nothing like it. Congratulations there.

About me, I normally lead Public Open Platoons for Vanu, while being part of DIG Leadership.

However, I think at this point of time we require some minor (but fun) tweaks on the game, required for completely revitalizing Planetside 2 at its current state. The changes that I will now explain would not require a lot of Dev time or investment for them, so they are feasible options for this purpose. I will explain my points as per below:

******************* IDEAS SECTION *******************

- Lattice Rework: Adding / updating Connections on the map on all continents, to change the Meta and get some Fresh emergent gameplay out of that. Its an easy change, and in some cases its really required.

- ASP Rework: Very required too. Adding more Perks, or adding special Benefits every 100 Ranks would be great (my dream is to be able to have Access to 1 Cross Faction Weapon every 100 Ranks from ASP, that is 4 other faction weapons of your choosing in total, and it should be resetable so you could try many differerent ones). Otherwise, many people will never get to experience, test or try other factions weapons (i play character lvl 400 at Vanu, and i will not make other faction characters for that specific reason). Its not a difficult development, and would really make a difference for many people in the game. It would also incentivate becoming a Member too, to reach those higher Ranks faster.

- Anti Res Grenades: Adding 1 Anti Ress Grenade opotion for Medics would be fun, to play counter defensively. Area of effect would last 3-4 seconds, and every person already ressed that is touched by the area of effect of the grenade would get cancelled / blocked, removing the ress effectively, and blocking new ressurections for the time effect of the grenade.

- Oshur Changes: Adding a new base, lets say "Trident 2.0" on the middle of the Map, with 5 or 7 Points to capture, with several levels (so you would need get a hold on both base + upper level, or viceversa) to be able to capture the base.

- Esamir Changes: Southern warpgate territories need some boost. Adding a couple of Bases on the Shattered Warpgate Areas below Eli Tower / Eli Fores would balance out situation of the Southern Warpgate a little bit. Right now, having southern warpgate makes almost impossible to win an altert on Esamir. Also, having the Biome of the Shattered Warpgate areas already created, but not being used seems like a waste of resources. You could just place a couple of Bases from the Nexus (Outfit Wars Map) on those Spots, and it would make a huge impact. In addition, I believe moving the North East Area to the Middle of the Map, and adding there a "Containment Site 2.0" or some Nexus Base updated as a central fight hub, similar to the previous proposal on Oshur, would be very fun.

- Implants: Adding more variety would be good. Latest additions were very well received.

- Deployables: Adding more variety woudl also be nice, and the developmnt is "simple".

- Adding more monthly Amazon Prime Bundles, with small cosmetic items, is a good idea.

- Adding more HP to Colossus / Bastion, so they are a force to be afraid of. Right now, they are too easily killed. Also, adding some weapons for Bastion Pilots could be fun (even if its not super OP, just for fun).

- Adding a new Cortium Harvester vehicle (something like a smaller flying Valkiry).

- Adding Double HP to All Construction Bases built by Players (or at least +50%). They are too easily killed right now.

- Servers Merging, so we have more players active at all times.

******************* / IDEAS SECTION *******************

I believe most of this suggestions / ideas are feasible, and would not require extensive development time to make them a reality. Last idea i will now explain is a bit more complicated, but could add another Layer of complexity to this Wonderful game, and would use its core strenghts to differentiate from other games, while using only already available tools for that purpose:

- Adding the New Figure of "Faction Ops Leader". For that, we will need to add another tab under Platoon, called Faction, where Squad leaders could sign their Squads / Platoons to the general Faction Leadership, where 1 "Faction Leader" would be able to see all Squads / Platoon Waypoints of different Platoons and coordinate on the gran level of things for their faction. My idea is to keep it simple and feasible, so Faction Leader can only see on the map other Squad Leaders and their Waypoints around the map (in a different color or Icon), but not individual soldiers, for example. Its like a copy/paste of current Platoon mechanics, but adapted to a higher level of leadership. Faction Leader would get all rewards from captured bases all over the map + Squad/Platoon leadership ribbons from all members listed inside the factional platoon. They could also run their own Platoon while doing that, as always.

All this ideas sums up for a great potential Patch, with the sole aim of revitalizing this game. I believe the game needs to focus on being fun and enjoyable to play. You may contact me anytime for further explanation of the points touched in this letter.

I would really love seeing Planetside reach another 10 years of history down the road.
    Hope that with our great Community Support and Hard Working Devs we will be able to reach that, and even far beyond!

Thank you all for your time, and for giving a thought on all the explained above.

See you Planetside!
    deLorenz0
  2. deLorenz0

Hello again. Other ideas that my Outfit colleagues have shared with me, and also make sense from a Development perspective are:

- Changes in Alert Winning Conditions: Victory Points, Infantry/Vehicle Kills, Capture Certain Bases for long periods of time, Number of Bases Captured during Alert time, Territory Control % on several Continents at the same time, etc. Mixing this type of conditions into Alerts would add more variety.

- Directives / Auraxium Weapons Rework. Lowering requirements aproximately a 10% (from 1160 to 1000 kills), and max. 3/4 weapons to get the Reward would incentivize new players to play for those objectives. They are way too hard currently.

- Fixing OUTFIT Chat ingame. It doesnt work.

I will keep adding more "easy" ideas that could make the game more fun for all of us to this post. Thank you for your time and attention.