[Suggestion] Change dam lake slime on Hossin to be less deadly

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by loonybin0, Nov 11, 2013.

1. loonybin0

Currently if you step into the slime, you die instantaneously. I understand that this was to promote fighting on the walkways, but I think this is overkill and should be reduced to something just a little stronger than what you get standing too close to a spawn point. Anyone trying to cross the slime on foot still couldn't make it, and neither could LAs or HAs if max survivability were only about 2-4 secs (most of the crossing points are still too far for regular jump jets, and landing in the slime would still be deadly for someone who had used up their ability bar).

[Edit] And, uh, I did mean "dam" - I'm not that angry.
  2. -Synapse-

The slime is really deep, about 10-20 meters to venture a guess from the time I spent under it while it was bugged. Walking across is out, so unless they add swimming animations I don't see this happening very soon.

I like the idea though.
    • Up x 2
  3. Backf1re

It's those deadly fish of Auraxis that's killing you, they chew through flesh faster than a swarm of piranhas!
  4. TheBloodEagle

I thought that was really cool. I'd rather they keep it.
  5. VanuAreWeak&Inferior

Until I tried entering the swamp myself, I really couldn't tell that it was going to kill me.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kociboss

So you had looked into the swamp...

...And then the swamp looked back into you.
    • Up x 5
  7. loonybin0

Are you sure? What I didn't mention is that right now it's mildly bugged so that you can walk in it for about a half second before dying. It doesn't seem to be any deeper than the other watery areas on Hossin.
  8. Pikachu

They could just change the depth of it. Or say that the equipment is too heavy for swimming.
  9. Gundem

Now we shall refer to Wycliffslim's signature.
    • Up x 2
  10. WyrdHarper

Those pools are where they grow the nanites that eat up your body when you die and respawn, so you're just a lovely meal on wheels when you walk into them.
  11. -Synapse-

They may have changed it since then, I dunno.
    Here's a picture from the bottom, the goo is invisible but you can see how high the walls are:
    [IMG]
  12. Bill Hicks

Please SOE do no remove the acid pools. FPS games have been sissifed for too long.

This makes light assaults useful. There should be alot more hazzards.
    • Up x 2
  13. LonelyTerran

Add fire geysers too
    plz SOE
  14. loonybin0

You know, maybe it isn't that I mind how fast it is, just that it is so sudden. If landing in the slime started eating away your health immediately on contact, then that would be fine. It just bugs me that as it is, you land in it, walk for about a second with no indication that death is imminent, and then suddenly you collapse. If there were some indication that you were about to die before you actually keel over, it would feel less like "uh, what?"

[Edit] btw thanks Synapse for the info. I imagine the pool originally was deadly less because it is full of toxic slime and more because it behaves like all bodies of water on the planet more than a couple feet deep (which most people don't realize because they never travel to the coast to check it out). I think if they alter the way the slime lake kills you, they might as well change it for all the bodies of water on Auraxis.
  15. Hosp

They probably saving those for Searhus. Then we can all enter the Volcano and take a laval shower.
    • Up x 1
  16. libbmaster

We wouldn't need the goo if we could swim.

And then, they could add alien piranha in. Just as lethal as goo, but more random.
    • Up x 1