[Suggestion] ASP/A7 System & Cross Faction Options

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Mavor, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Mavor

Greetings,

I've been playing PS1 & 2 on and off for the past 20 years now, and I remember in PS1 there were a few ways of acquiring Cross Faction vehicles / weapons. There was vehicle hacking via infiltrators, and locking certain planets or playing black ops would also give you access to buying cross faction vehicles and weapons.
    Vehicle hacking at this point has been suggested numerous times, and I don't think it will ever happen, nor will the other 2 because the PS1 systems that made this possible simply don't exist in PS2 and would take up too many resources to develop. At one point in PS2, there was an exploit that a handful of people knew of that would allow you to transfer ownership of a vehicle from one faction to another, but that has long been fixed and was never intended in the first place. We also had the Shattered Warp gate event where cross faction vehicles could be claimed.

My suggestion is this:

Add an option for a cross faction purchase to the ASP menu.
    An example: Add 2 new ASP options in the common pool tier, 2 ASP points for a cross faction weapon of your choice, 3 ASP points for a cross faction vehicle of your choice.
    Spending the ASP points will give you a new Token that can then be used to unlock 1 weapon / vehicle of your choice. Refunding your ASP points would make the spawning of such vehicle / equipping weapon no longer possible.

Alternatively you could instead buy such a Token in the Black Market for A7, which from a lore perspective would make more sense of course, it being a black market and all, smuggling and dealing weapons.

I believe such an addition to the game could potentially spice things up, and adds incentive for players to keep playing and give players more creative freedom in their builds.
    From a DEV perspective, I believe it wouldn't be too difficult to implement this feature.
    From a business perspective, it would make bundles a lot more attractive because players could potentially use all the cosmetics in a bundle if they only play 1 faction. The anniversary bundles definitely come to mind.

TLDR; Add Token via ASP or A7 system to unlock cross faction vehicle / weapon.