Suggestion - Allow VS infils to charge our weapons when cloaked

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by ISKNausicaa, Jul 5, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

With the advent of us getting a charge pistol (Spiker), and its current inherent flaws with its charge mode it got me thinking about a potential solution to fix this and give a buff to the phaseshift sniper rifle at the same time.

Allow us to charge these weapons while cloaked, one of the biggest flaws with our charge mechanics right now is is having to expose ourselves to charge them up only for a mediocre payoff, when there are alternatives that offer up near equal lethality without this downside (in the case of our new pistol, its very own primary fire) people just use those.

The charge modes still have their tradeoffs; it would still require players to compensate/wait for the charge and the charge up audio que still being a potential giveaway.

In addiation could the phaseshift get the the spiker pistols firing method, currently the phaseshift requires you to release the fire button to actually fire an uncharged shot (this makes the uncharged shots feel slow and unwieldy to use), whereas the spiker pistol fires its primary on the button press)
    • Up x 5
  2. Quiiliitiila

SO much supported it hurts.

I'm actually surprised the devs haven't commented on whether or not they intend to do this, especially since VS infiltrators using any type of charge weapon are at a disadvantage.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gemenai

Because they fear the whiners.
    In such a case VS could do something others could not. Of course is must be OP :eek: .
    So there is not even a comment on that topic.
  4. Quiiliitiila

Ah, true.

A pity, as it'd just allow us to get the most out of our weapons… Just like everyone else :p
  5. Gemenai

But the best argument ever is still " Meh it has no bulletdrop so it´s naturally way to op :eek:"
    • Up x 1
  6. Baracuda

Let me charge my Railjack while cloaked then
  7. Quiiliitiila

If the Railjack had a separate charge that wasn't built directly into their firing mechanic, sure. But it doesn't, plus what is it? A fourth of a second? What happens if you don't drop your cloak before the "charge" is up? Cause you can't fire from cloak, and you can't hold a Railjack's charge…

Yes, I know you're being facetious. Thought I'd reply anyway :p
    -Q
    • Up x 1
  8. TorigomaSET

Not going to happen. Really, all they need to do with the Spiker is up its Charge SPEED. Its far too slow at the moment. Once they do that, It'll be an extremely effective ambush weapon.
  9. Dramonicous

I do not support this
    I want them to remove charge up completely.

Vortex & Lancer = Revert to PS1 Lancer functionality, very short delay after clicking before it fires a fast travelling projectile, higher dmg than the current lvl 1 against vehicles, infantry dmg should remain the same. Also they should be automatic firing to help the player aim better.

Phaseshift = Remove charge up and make it bolt action only and fire instantly like any other bolt action, the horribly slow projectile speed more than makes up for this "buff".

Spiker = Make it true to the original Spiker with heavy splash dmg OR CHANGE THE NAME AND GIVE SOMETHING USEFUL NOT THIS AWFUL CRAP ON TEST SERVER!!!!.
    • Up x 2
  10. Longasc

I am really done with this charge up, fire only after releasing button crap, seriously. This wouldn't make it better and it would rather be too good so you can bet we won't get it.

Just make the Spiker a reskinned Desperado or Inquisitor. Because they work and one is even available for free right away. Ugh.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cullwch

I agree. If we have to choose between an almost useful weapon with a charge mechanic and a useful weapon without, I'd say we need the latter. If you can't implement the charge properly, don't bother at all.
  12. user101

I can reload my weapon when cloaked as a TR...??? And change weapons... ???? why is VS being penalized.... ??? But you can hear me reload...!
  13. Kunavi

All Infils can reload and change weapons while cloaked.
    If you want to charge your weapon while cloaked, I want my HA to spin up their MCG without it firing.
  14. Kunavi

Fear the whiners? TR fear them(You) the most. It cost us an MCG, two Vulcan variants, an ESRL, our PPA equivalent, we had to deal with a LAZER on our AI Mine and our MAX- Oh wait, the MAX had a crap ability to begin with, but if it didn't, you would have gotten it NERFED. The TRAP seems legit to you because you are not playing TR. The AMP seems OP to you because you are not playing TR. +10 bullets seems a good trait that needs to be balanced by RNG weapons on top of all of that.

Top LEL :) Yeah, keep talking... 8/10 amusing discussion.

As for your Spiker, have you heard of peeking out of cover? Use it to release your 4 shots, click twice or once more, target DED, back to cover, ???, Profit.

Could it have been more exotic? More unique? Yes. Could it deal 9128310831203812 Dmg? Yeah it could. Do you have a weapon which is still being TESTED but actually works(Albeit in a different way)? Affirmative. Can it be used in a more traditional manner? Yup. What's your problem?

Stop complaining so much, because afterwards you'll complain about how it ended up being.

Edit : You probably also cost us a Burst Inquisitor. Just adding that to that list above.
  15. Kunavi

Oh it seems I forgot to mention the Fractures getting special QQ treatment. Why leave that out? There ya go.
  16. ISKNausicaa

Let's be honest I would love the spiker pistol from ps1 but that probably not going to happen, I was trying to look at low cost solutions instead

Kunavi that pistol even in its current state is a dead giveaway with its telltale neon charge glow, that's without the inevitable charge sfx, top that off with a primary fire that can deliver near the same fire power without any of those drawbacks and you can see why I believe the pistol is flawed right now.
  17. Quiiliitiila

Woah.

Wait? What? Did something happen to the MCG? Last I checked that thing was beastly and the most non-niche of the ES Heavy Weapons. The Lasher may JUST be a tad more fun, but definitely not more useful or remotely more powerful.

The Striker was one of the most broken weapons in the game aside from the old ZOE. ZOE was killed, so was the Striker. At least it's still "kinda" useful.

Our MAX ability is now undeniably the worst of the three. Go ahead, try to argue. It was fun while it lasted, but then SOE killed ZOE.

TRAP is still better than the Phaseshift, but admittedly the Railjack's better than them both.

The Amp is cool because it's something new, it's pretty much a pocket SMG. It feels very TR, and preforms very well. What's not to like?

Spiker's looking like it's useless because of a number of reasons:
    - Long charge time.
    - No added benefits for charging (no extra damage, velocity etc.)
    - Cannot charge in cloak (a very real issue).

It's burst fire is nice, but that's all it's got going for it ATM. It's boring because we were all expecting something unique, not a hand-me down burstfire with a crappy charge up 4x burst. We wanted the charge to do something unique and cool that felt like the VS. That's why we're grumbling about it.
    • Up x 1
  18. DatVanuMan

What has been typed above: The most used sentence the TR stated in order to ensure a nerf to our weapons. Goodbye, VS traits:(
    Fak you, TR:mad:
  19. DatVanuMan

HOW? It deals so little damage. For all those who a say a burst to the head is enough, I tried it out. LIES. The LA still had less than a quarter of his health. If the Spiker is given a super accurate (Dot in the center), low reload, high damage (275-334), high velocity (500-600) semi-auto mode, then it would be a win-win situation for all. Burst is given to those who want it, and a good pistol is given to those who want something unique:D
  20. TheKhopesh

As long as it still makes a distinct and clearly audible noise (just like reloading does, and detectable at the same range as detecting the reload audio), I'm perfectly fine with VS infil weapons charging while cloaked.
    That and the charge audio would have to be persistent for the entire time during the charge up, and while maintaining a charge.

;)