[Suggestion] Allow the Harraser to be spawned from outposts

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Eclipson, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Eclipson

The Harraser is a light vehicle, that can be killed fairly quickly but a couple of rockets. I bealive that it should be able to be spawned from small facilities, and not just towers and amp stations. It would allow for better defense of small facilities. The respawn timer could probably be lowered to 10 minutes as well, and the the resource cost 150. The harraser is an amazing vehicle, and I really think it would make a lot more sense to give it the ability to be spawned from outposts.
    • Up x 9
  2. Messaiga

+1 I am for this, it is not a tank so it should be able to be pulled at outposts, the hierarchy of ground vehicles you can pull goes as follows: Flash, Sunderer, Harasser, Lightning, MBT.
  3. gigastar

Also it would give everyone the ability to spawn some vehicular support wherever they need it.

A Harasser is hardly as effective as a Lightning for a seige, but its better than relying on a Sunderer or Flash for fire support.
    • Up x 1
  4. metrotw

The Harasser as it's currently on test is a piece of trash.

1) Handles like garbage
    2) Costs WAY too much to spawn
    3) Timer even fully certed out is way too long
    4) Can fit ES weapons (should wait for ES buggy...)
    5) Certing one out with 2 weapons (1 AI, 1 AV) will run about 10,000 certs. For this kind of cost I want to be able to use it near continuously..

The handling is abysmal and has been said elsewhere it feels like (and behaves like) it's floating. WAY too easy to flip over, get hung up on terrain, spin out and otherwise not be any fun to drive anywhere other than completely flat ground. And no, solo driving around the VR by yourself with max turbo jumping sh*t doesn't count.

For a light armored vehicle that dies in a couple of rocket hits it should not cost more than 100 points to spawn. It already has a crew overhead (needs 2 people minimum to utilize) so it doesn't need resource overhead as well. But wait! A Lib needs at minimum 2 people to use too! Not really, you see 1 man Libs OFTEN and lets not forget a lib can FLY and by default has many more options for evading fire. This thing doesn't.

15 minute spawn? 10 minute spawn, fully certed down to 1 minute MAX. Again, you can 2 shot this thing...Air is going to eat it alive. Tanks will own it outright. Rockets. Small arms fire...etc.etc. Low resource, low timer at least will let you keep one in the action more often then not and for a vehicle like this to have any FUN factor whatsoever you gotta be able to keep pulling them.

NS vehicle? NS weapons. Nuff said. I'm TR and even I agree a vulcan on this thing is stupid. Fury, walker, halberd. chain gun etc. Wait for ES vehicles to mount ES weaponry (and give us some new ones while you're at it).

Giant cert investment to make it viable for multi use situation. Very few people will be able to cert one of these out properly to maximize it potential. This ties in with my other points...for that many certs I want to be able to USE thing not wait 6 minutes.
    Imagine pulling one of these, getting jacked by a tank shell, dalton, camping HA noob with his default rocket, stray tank mine, AV turret, etc and then having to wait 6 minutes for another try to get it out of the launch bay. Fun? Nope. I'd rather keep pulling my flash.
  5. SavageOc

i'm ok with them at outposts.
  6. Ketobor

Its probably a bit too good for this, but I would be fine with minor nerfs and this.
  7. Jalek

Seems less useful than an AMS-Sunderer. Those would make more sense to be spawned only at bases.
    At a tiny outpost, you can potentially load up a Sunderer with Furies or Walkers and 11 MAX suits, AA and AI, then there's the AMS.
    The Harasser doesn't have that kind of potential with one of the weapons currently available to the Sunderer and one MAX.