[Suggestion] Allow players to pick what level of suit slot or consumable they want equipped

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Frotang, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Frotang

Cross posting this from reddit for better visibility
    _____
    With the new resource change there is only one way to resupply your consumables, you must do the auto resupply option which will buy the max amount you can currently hold of that consumable. Unfortunately if you uncheck this option you have no way to purchase just 1 or 2 of something, it's either all or nothing. So let's say you want to pull your heavy with a med kit, you have med kit 4 certed so when you equip it you just purchased 4 med kits. Basically if you only wanted 1 or 2 then sucks for you, you shouldn't have certed it so high.

Same thing with grenade bandolier or utility pouch, you get punished for having these suit slots maximum rank because you are forced to purchase the maximum amount of the consumable when you equip them. Currently on live you have the ability to purchase only 2 rez nades or only 3 tank mines for whatever reason you want. The new system greatly restricts what you are able to do with this game.

I'm suggesting your different levels of suit slots or consumables be separate options to select in your loadout, similar to how when you rank up optics on a vehicle you can still choose the lesser ones if you want. I have tank mines fully certed, this means I'll always have to pull 3 tank mines no matter what, even if I only wanted/needed 1 or 2.

Seeing as 2 tank mines is all you need now to pop a Sundy shield, and then 2 more to pop a Sundy. Newer players who are smart will keep their AT mines at lvl 1 so they only ever pull 2 at a time and then will cert utility pouch to lvl 4 for when they want to have 4 tank mines to pop both the shield and sundy. This system seems very flawed to me in that once you cert these items they are irreversible and can actually have a negative impact on your game play by forcing you to spend more resources than you would like to.

I feel if I had known this I would have certed many aspects of the game much differently. I think SOE either needs to refund certs for all med kit, resto kit, grenade bandos, utility pouches, AT mines, and AI mines. Or they need to let us choose which levels of these things we would like to equip. Or the easiest solution would be to put in a resupply button so people who don't want to use auto resupply can pick exactly how much of one thing they want to buy because somebody might not need 4 rez nades every time, maybe they only want 2 etc etc.....

TLDR: with the new resource system players who fully rank up consumables and suit slots will be punished for doing so by being forced to always buy the maximum amount of that consumable.
    • Up x 2