[SUGGESTION] 30min Cert refund button?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by j0shman, Dec 6, 2012.

1. j0shman

A lot of people are complaining that they bought something with their hard-grind certs, and then when they purchased them, they found it wasnt what they thought it would be. For example, I purchased the med kits and regen kits for my medic, expecting they would be some deployable health kit (like in BF2/3), but I got it wrong and they were for all classes and to be used on yourself only. My foolish mistake for not reading into it (I looked at it and thought 'wow, cool!' and bought them without a second thought...we've all been there). I had buyer's remorse, and was wishing there was some sort of refund button so I could spend the certs on something that more suited my playstyle.

Anyone else think that a 30min refund button would be a good idea? My idea would be that it allows you to only refund the last cert you purchased withing a limited timeframe, to keep things honest (and it gives you time to see if the purchase was worth it).

Given it takes people about 20ish hours grind to earn 1000 certs, it would be a good idea especially for all the newcomers into the game (let's face it, theyre SOE's bread and butter at this point), to make things fair and fun with some sort of refund.
    • Up x 3
  2. Protios

Never gonna happen. It's not worth the hassle to program it in when level 1 certs aren't that hard to save for.
  3. Gunnisson

Give it a longish cooldown so it's not abused and I'd fully support something like that.
  4. Horribro_

Just use the test run button to try it out before you blow 1000 certs on it.
  5. Lokarin

I don't think you can do a trial on non-weapons.
  6. TartarusMkII

I think it's fair.
  7. 2LT. C. Ledere

The OP is talking about certs that unlock features, IE Gun Sights/Armors/Medical Kits/etc. Not the weapons you can buy on the store.

On the subject matter, I support this idea, it'd be really nice for gun sights especially, considering that the difference between the two 3.4x and 4x scopes is purely cosmetic through the site, and you can't see that until you unlock them, or the Med kits/Restoration kits kinda thing were they perform the same function, but different.

However, I've also heard that they're adding the ability to recert things, I think it was in one of the dev interviews.
  8. Aerolath

I've seen the future, this will happen...
  9. o.Solei.o

I am completely behind this. Alternately, a preview function on certs similar to the marketplace preview?