Stutter and FPS drops persists as of 16.3.2013

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IceShades, Mar 16, 2013.

1. IceShades

FPS still drops to ~10 at major bases + stutter anywhere after few minutes of gameplay.
    Restarting the client seems to temporarily stop the stutter.
    Indar is completely unplayable, Esamir is so so.
    Right now Amerish is the only place I can play without too much stutter for prolonged periods.

They said they've fixed the performance issues introduced with GU4 at March 14th maintenance.
    Well, they thought they did.
    • Up x 3
  2. IceShades

Scrap that ^
    Fire the optimization team and hire more artists to make more FUGLY awesome cosmetics. who needs good performance when you can just admire the new camos and decals In the loadout menu.
    • Up x 1
  3. Defaceo

Yeah, I have the same problem. Just got a new GPU (660Ti OC) and never mind the settings - after ~15 min I get the same low-*** FPS. FIX THE GAME BEFORE ADDING NEW STUFF - IT'S MORE IMPORTANT (for the sensitive dudes, - sorry for the caps).
    • Up x 1
  4. Gnorfen

Indeed...
    Everyone who paid for stuff should get refund since the game is close to unplayable for many people
    • Up x 1
  5. kazumi

Same situation. I feel like I'm playing in a slide show. If I enter any outpost larger than NS refinery I'm completely screwed.
    • Up x 1
  6. Defaceo

Yeah. A slide show with a GTX 680. It's most definitely the game engine.
  7. Dan1192

All points to a nasty memory leak.

Nothing you can do but restart the client and give the devs some time to find the error, fix it and release another patch.
    • Up x 1
  8. kazumi

Haha, yea. Even my beefy system cannot power through this issue.
  9. IceShades

What a waste of double XP weekend... so many reavers and libs and tanks all begging to be farmed, but no, dat ****** stutter wont let me put a hovering galaxy under my crosshairs :S
    I don't worry about AA or missiles, Im not scared of a flock of reavers, but what really scares me is that if I get too close to them the stutter will kick in and make me fly like a ******** 6 year old and get instagibbed
    • Up x 1
  10. kazumi

I feel your pain dude. My outfit mates kept yelling "nice flying" and I wanted to smack em..lol It was literally ALL I could do to shoot down a half still ESF or Lib..lol If I closed the gap I'd be watching the fight in slow mo, hoping to "read" the movements and kill something..haha
  11. ThaPhreak

yea, i'm getting kinda tired of the constant fps issues, 2 days of tinkering with the ini to finally get decent fps. then at random times i drop to 1-5 fps. i also noticed that i can run around at 50-70fps, i get in a plane it drops to 18-25. o_O i seriously doubt they would but if they can't figure it out, i would like a refund, even if it is in station cash. tired of waiting on timers and resources cause i just hit a mountain that was 500 meters ahead of me one second and it then just freezes and i blow up.
  12. Lucius Trio

Happening for me as well. This really needs to get fixed. The stuttering makes it almost unplayable -- only a few smooth areas where the FPS is good enough to actually fight.
  13. ericcoutinho

I'm almost giving up.
    The world seems to be almost desert, no decent action, but who wants action on this FPS nightmare?
    This game CAN BE awesome, but it won't, glad to so many bugs, and the focus on selling things.