Sturmgrenadier is Recruiting

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by NoNoKitty, Feb 24, 2013.

1. NoNoKitty

With the Mattherson - Soltech merger happening tomorrow, we want you to get to know Sturmgrenadier (SG), a well established outfit on Mattherson that uses combined arms to drive the New Conglomerate line of battle! SG has been an online gaming group since 2000 when it formed to have an organized, mature and dedicated group for World War II online.

We use co-ordinated tactics to take bases and move the map. As our leader LostLogic says, "Armor, air and infantry are all part of the Sturmgrenadier approach to battle. Sturmgrenadier has the discipline and experience to oppose the mindless zerg push, and the strength to crush smaller and less effective opponents." Check out everything he has to say in his Mattherson Recruitment announcement here.

We are a mature 18 year old and up, outfit that runs comms on our dedicated TS server, so that we can kick the VS and TR off our continents decisively. We usually run at least one full platoon, with one squad being dedicated to air and armor; we'd like your help to make it a full two platoons or more.

We'd like you to come check us out in game later tonight with our recruitment squads on the Soltech server. Look for us from 5 pm EST to 7 pm EST; we'll be the 'SG Recruitment' squad, if you don't see the squad, send a tell to SGKitty (that's me).

You can apply here, and get to know more about us here. We have a great community for you to come and join!

See you in the fight!
  2. Magen

Hello,

My game name is Magen, I'm SG's PS2 Division officer and I've been with SG since 2003. I started by hanging up my black-spandex and switched over to the Blue & Gold of NC in Planetside 1. I happened to have a co-worker that was a member of SG, and he convinced me to try Sturmgrenadier.

SG is built on teamwork, as Kitty said we are a combined arms outfit. Tanks, Planes, and Troops is how we roll in PS2 which creates a highly motivated/effective fighting force.

SG has a trial period, you can try us for 30 days before making a decision. Some also say, you guys pay $12/per year to be in an outfit, that's crazy.

Not really, you'll see that we are a mature multi-gaming group. We don't expect one person or a few people to pay for everything, so we run SG like a business and charge a $12 membership fee. Those fees go to pay for our dedicated resources such as TS, website, game servers, etc... anything that is left over at the end of the year is given back to the SG Community in the form of a Christmas give-away. In the 2012 giveaway we gave out to SG members 5 x $100 Gift cards, and 20 x $50 Gift cards, along with several Steam redeemable codes for games, SG is a labor of love for us.

We have a unique community, our membership spans several games such as World of Warcraft, World of Tanks, Eve-Online, several pickup games (BF2, SWTOR, etc..)

The best thing is when you decide you want to play a different game many other SG members play it. New games are evaluated to become new Portals in SG, and if even membership base is interest SG portalizes it.

If your looking for a coordinate group of great gamers that are mature, helpful, check us out.
  3. Mnementh2230

Hey there folks! I'm Mnem, one of SG's infantry captains. Sturmgrenadier is about more than just Planetside 2 - it's the last gaming "clan" you'll ever need, or want, to join. We're a gaming "syndicate" - basically we play LOTS of games together, whether it's PS2, EvE, World of Tanks, WoW, League of Legends, etc. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and maturity.

We're not some "good ol' boy's" club either - the vast majority of our members playing Planetside 2 are new. We're a meritocracy: if you want to squad lead, and you're good at it, you WILL be recognized - and if you're not good, we'll help guide you until you are. Then again, if you just want to sit back and kill some folks in an organized fashion, and don't want to command, that's great too - a lot of our members are in very demanding positions professionally, and when they get home they just want to game without "managing" people or strategy.

If you're 18 or older, and interested in a no-nonsense gaming group that doesn't just farm easy kills defending the Crown or isolated biolabs, come check us out, and welcome to Mattherson.
  4. Aldman

5. PineSG

Greets Soltech;
    Don't kid yourself... Matherson is highly contested... many of the largest outfits from the east coast servers of the Old Planetside came here: The Enclave, Ghost of the Revolution and Azure twilight. These guys are good, they kill fast and they rake kiddies over the coals. Be ready to rumble and bring your A- game. And if your looking for a new NC home on Matherson, then SG is the outfit these guys respect.

What can I say... I have been with SG since 2003, joined for PlanetSide, been through Eve, Darkfall, LotRO, WOT, .. the list goes on and on. Regardless, welcome to Matherson.

Pine
  6. MrSmegz

Same As Pine, I have been in SG since 2003 and have loved fighting with the same brothers over the past decade in every game we have played. With Server mergers coming, and more meta game getting rolled out over the next few months exciting times are coming for those outfits that have organization, tactics, and structure.
  7. Sykotix

What's going on Soltech? I'm Ne0 one of SG's infantry lieutenants. I know the server merges haven't happened yet, but I want to welcome you all over to Matherson!

Who are we? We’re people of all different ages and backgrounds. We’re parents, working professionals, college students and all different types. We like our games and we're damn good at them too! We’re not a bunch of teenagers screaming at you in teamspeak with cracking, prepubescent voices or a bunch of drama-llamas who will waste your precious gaming time with pointless crap. We’re the other guys. We’re an awesome gaming community filled with awesome people.

[IMG]

Want in?

Of course you do! Here's the deal. You do need to be 18 or older, and you will need to drop an application at our site. But feel free to try before you buy - run with us for a month to decide if we're the right outfit for you.

See you in game!
  8. SteelRain13M

My name is SteelRain. I'm the Infantry Battle Group Training Major for SG. A lot of people have been a part of this outfit for a very long time. I however am new so I'll give you a perspective of someone who's only been in SG for a short while. Just under 3 months now. SG is a very organized and tactical organization in PS2. As stated its also a meritocracy and I'm proof of that. In my second week as a member of SG I started leading squads. The week after that I was spending a little time as the overall commander. It wasn't long until I was tapped to be a 2nd Lieutenant in the Infantry BG and then eventually my current position as Training Major. SG is whatever you make if it. If you have the drive to do better and lead then you can do that. If you're more comfortable playing the role of infantry and don't desire to lead that's fine too.

This has been by far the greatest outfit I have ever been a part of in every game I've ever played. I know that's big praise but I assure you it's well earned. When you're ready to see for yourself I hope you'll come find us and join the last gaming community you'll ever need. SG will be your home forever.

We welcome you to Mattherson and join us or not we look forward to fighting next to you on the field of battle. You have an honorable and trusted ally in Sturmgrenadier.
  9. Relentless

Hey all!

I'm one of SG's ol' crusties and have been with them for over a decade. I joined back in PS1 and it totally changed the game for me. I've convinced a friend to join recently, and he had the same reaction. Planetside is made to be played with a big, organized group and SG is the epitome.

You'll rarely find the high quality of player both in skill and personality that you will in Sturmgrenadier, and I can't recommend trying out some time with us more highly.

I know I'm biased, but you really have to see for yourself. :)
  10. Yossarian1942

ATTENTION: NC SolTech Reaver (A2A, A2G), Liberator and Galaxy (Battle and Transport) Pilots:

As a LT in the Air BattleGroup of SG, I invite you to roll with some of the best pilots on the Mattherson server as we systematically rain death from above in support of our Infantry and Armor groundpounders.

Missions include establishing air superiority, behind enemy lines sundy raids and direct aerial bombardment and providing danger close air support for our operators on the ground.

###

As an SG pilot, you will have access to the following resources to accomplish your mission:
    1) Dedicated and trained wingmen who don't lone-wolf it and leave your "six" in the middle of a firefight

2) Established communications and tactics to effectively project power
    3) Dedicated forward operating bases, forward supply/rearm sundies, and friendly burster nests at known locations to clear your six or soften up the bogeys for faster kills
    4) Regular training, weapons testing and mock dog fighting so you can hone your skills

SG commanders support our pilots by maximizing their time over the battlefield (TOB) and minimizing the time you're flying back to repair and re-arm all while keeping you off-timer and with plenty of resources.

###

So come put on your Mattherson wings and see what it's like to fly with SturmGrenadier. The camaraderie you'll feel when you take out enemy sundies that have been keeping our soldiers hunkered down or coming to the rescue of friendly armor columns that are getting bombarded by enemy libs will give you plenty of stories to tell the next day until you can log-in again.

-Yossarian1944 (in-game)

PS: If you're new to air, we'll train you and of course check out our Armor and Infantry battlegroups as well. Many of us like to specialize but a great many do it all!

11. Caldazar

Just wanted to say what's up to everyone taking the time to learn more about us. I started with Sturmgrenadier about 6 months ago, want to thank them for giving me the last guild I'll ever need. A few words about my experience with SG so far:

EDIT: FIRST: Be prepared to always have fun, if it ain't fun for you, you're doing it wrong!!!!

First: These guys have their act together; high-speed, low-drag. They are a disciplined group, that may not appeal to everyone. You'll want to make sure going in that you realize that running with SG means sometimes sacrificing a little independence to do what's right for the good of the squad, platoon, outfit, whatever. Teamwork, discipline, speed, combined arms, it works, it's a force multiplier, we regularly win fights we have no business in even surviving.

Second: Know your role, do your homework and bring your A-game at all times. These guys are more than willing to help teach and train their members to be better gamers/ teammates. They do not hold hands... the teach you how to use that hand to properly send rounds down range. I've watched SG train its members on how to move, shoot and communicate as part of something bigger than yourself. Infantry, Armor and Air all have there own specialized trainings. Want to be a leader? We'll train you up for squad, platoon and company commander posts. There is nothing and I mean nothing quite like taking control of multiple squads of infantry with dedicated armor and air squads, going to a red Amerish and turning it blue over the course of a Saturday night just because you've got some awesome people willing to trust and execute your strategy. You got the desire to learn and lead, SG will give you the tools

Third: Be ready to step up if called upon. SG expects teamwork at all times. That means follow when following; take the reins when a leader is needed. They don't care if you are the crustiest or greenest member, they will follow if you lead. The only "bad" decision is the one that's not made. I have to give props to the crustiest guys that will follow a green leader, complete the mission to the best of their ability, then offer guidance/ advice in an AAR to help that green leader become better.

Lastly, leave your ****** and trolling at the door. These guys conduct themselves in a very polite and professional manner in each of the communities they participate in... a refreshing change from some of the other outfits you find out there.
  12. Morgals

I have fun every time I log in.
    For me that is all that matters.
  13. Bugginator

KaladinSG here. When I first started playing Planetside 2 during the Tech Test I was blown away. The epic scope of the game just took my breath away. It was amazing just to be in the world and a part of the biggest conflicts possible in gaming. But I could only do so much in the world with just my gun alone, so I began looking for an organized outfit. Luckily, my Google searches brought me to [SG]'s website. I read about who they were and what they stood for and I liked everything I read. I eagerly awaited to officially join their ranks for Beta. My gaming has not been the same since.

My rise through the SG ranks is similiar to SteelRain's, who posted earlier. I was interested in squad leading and was given every opprotunity and direction required to become better at it. But here is the big BIG secret, squadleading is easy when your squad is made up of [SG]. Each and every one I consider a friend and look forward to fighting along side them each and every night. That feeling I got during Tech Test is experienced each night that I fight as a part of [SG]. Calling in Air Strikes, seeing Tank lines supporting an Infantry push, and tight squad tactics are nightly occurances for [SG]. I want you to share in these experiences. Join [SG] and join an outfit like no other. See you on the battlefield.
  14. Grittz_n_Gravy

Ive been playing with SG since beta for PS2 and i cant see myself in any other outfit. We are arguably one of the most coordinated outfits on the server and whenever we make a move it has decisive and apparent changes to the battlefield making even the largest zergs cower in fear.

SG can be seen as the elite strike force of the NC, as compared to the rolling beat stick most outfits are content with being, tactically taking/destroying objectives and securing areas with speed and precision is the name of the game. Ive seen a squad of SG do what a platoon of other NC fail to accomplish in shorter time and less fuss. So if your looking for a outfit of fun, mature, and helpful people look no further.
  15. boomExpert

So when i started playing Planetside 2, I found out that with outfit you will have more fun and more organized battles...so i look for good NC outfits and SG was one i chose and i am glad that i did...I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina...so Europe x)...and that isnt a issue at all...SG members are friendly and polite...we have a lot of fun every day as in the game as on the teamspeak...but when the time comes to stand our ground we do what we have to...we can change the tide of the battles in so many ways...Our goal is to make NC even better and stronger...I hope you choose to role with us...

boomExpert...+
  16. Aldman

Oh yeah!

17. Brique

If you're still reading at this point, I'm guessing that we've made your short list of outfits to join. Please read on:

What really sets SG apart from other outfits is their charter and their consortium model. The Charter pretty much lays down a code of conduct for players that keeps the BS drama out and fosters an atmosphere where friendships can grow. What's even cooler is the Consortium model, which allows you to keep those friendships across different games. SG has had portals in many other games, starting with WWII online. If you're not feeling like PS2 one night, you're welcome to join up with other SGers in our other Portals, so whichever game you play, you already have friends waiting for you. As time goes on, if PS2 loses your interest, you can move on to other games without moving on from the friendships you've made here. Many of our members have been here for years across multiple games. The friendly, tightly knit community of SG welcomed me from the day I joined this past November, and I really feel included, even by members in other portals with whom I don't regularly game.

Some may object to the $12 per year subscription model, but I can tell you that SG earned my $12 within the first few weeks of joining. And the good news is that you can join on a trial membership for the first 30 days and see how SG fits you. If you're serious about your game, I believe you'll be subbing up long before that first 30 days runs out.

Welcome home to SG; the last guild you'll ever need.
  18. Aldman

And Draacco has a new video for everyone!

19. Lacrosix

Looking for all adults no BS type game play then join SG!