Strikers and the numbers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Luighseach

There is a terminal outside of spawn rooms in about ever base. My outfit hacks them as much as we can so that we do not have to die to change things.

Either way your argument does not in anyway change mine. If you have the wrong loadout you will die. If you die then you can change your loadout. If your caught in a situation with the wrong loadout then tough.

This does not change the effectiveness of the Striker or the ease in which it can be interchanged with other launchers.

I also think you put too much thought about deaths. It only takes 1 death to change to a loadout that will fit the situation for the next 15 minutes or so. This is a pretty decent life for anything outside of Maxes, Snipers, and Pilots/Drivers.

Also in my post I talked about respawn and not death. You do not have to kill yourself to change loadouts and you can do this in battle simple by walking back to the sunder taking 2 mins or respawning being away from the fight for about 30 seconds for a loadout that again will suit you probably for the next 15 minutes or until you die and need something else.
  2. Keiichi25

No... I'm just getting tired of people wanking about how the Striker can't be stopped. Even people in my VS outfit says the Striker will be crap if what is on the test server is what will be going live. Personally, if the nerf for the tracking was in, it will at least shut up the majority of the wank threads.

My contention with most of these Striker wank fests is how people act like the Striker is the ultimate weapon and they always get hit with all 5 rockets going against the striker. That the Striker is unstoppable and that the TR have armor and air superiority with it. They hammer this over and over again, yet in all the fights I have been in... The TR only win when they overwhelm the other side with numbers, and that being number in population, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FACTION. And it has little to nothing to do with the Striker and still doesn't explain why the TR don't dominate 100% of the time with the 'no skill' striker providing the armor and air superiority support when most of the time, it is their F-in armor, Skyguards and Bursters providing the Armor and Air Superiority more than their infantry.

This is not about me wanting to keep the "no skill" weapon retort... It is putting things in the proper perspective which most people don't. Most of the rants are less about constructive fixing and just flat out stupid arguments that are not even reasonably justified. Out of this whole thing, SOE realized now that the going through terrain part which I thought was due more to how they are doing the Tracking Algorithm for the striker being wrong, fixing that as well as fixing the one big glaring problem that ALL factions have been abusing more than just the TR with the Striker, which was the AV turrets firing without rendering so people are getting spanked hard by unrendered, hard hitting AV Turrets.
  3. Darkraver

1 . Giving the TR a strike and make it AA ?? what are the devs thinking ? Balance ?
    2. Compare the Vulcun or maurauder harrasser top gun whit the C85 - H ( ML is Fine for tanks but the other 2 out perform on Anti infantrie + Vulcan u can use as AA )

Miller population is fookt becouse every1 is playing TR .
    Why is every 1 wanna play TR ?
    Easy ?
    Better Looking ?
    Higher Fun factor vehicels and weapons ?
  4. SNAFUS

On the matter of ESF I think you are ignoring the larger pool of TR ESF pilots. Not to mention how the Stryker influences why there are less NC and VS air. These stats do not show the whole story in anyway. They simply show atm that more Mossy's are being pulled and used then the VS and NC thus giving us a better kill average then the rest. Though there are current imbalanced among TR equipment "Stryker" the ESF is absolutely not one of them. Its stats are simply being skewed due to the influence of another weapon system.
  5. LordCreepy

stats are fun.
    Compare the best NC LMG with the best TR LMG (EM6 kpu of 17,63 ; T32Bull kpu of 17,59) with the best VS LMG (SVA88 kpu of 24,99 ; polaris 20,8 Ursa 18,07)

Anyway I'd wish the devs would finally fix the clipping issues with the striker so these threads finally stop.
    Buff the empire AA lockons to 2 hit kills on esf.
    Then the actual ttk of a striker versus esf isn't much different from any AA lockon. ( fire 1 entire clip,reload,fire 1 rocket //fire 1 rocket,reload,fire 1 rocket).
  6. Keiichi25

And this is where you failed to grasp several things here...

Yes, there are terminals outside the spawn room, I never said there weren't any. You assumed I meant only Spawnrooms, that is where you assumed wrong. The problem with having to linger near those areas is that you are not providing much more than being a 'static' soldier.

As for having the wrong loadouts you deserve to die, this is not 100% true. The choice of weapons are there to make sure people can't have the ultimate setup 100% of the time. This does not mean you deserve to die, but you are forced to fight smarter. A burster Max being forced to fight infantry does not mean you deserve to die, it means you have to pick your fights. A Skyguard should not always try to face off a MBT at close range, does not mean you deserve to die if you are smart about how you engage things. This is a failure on your part to think BEYOND the confines of the box.

The effectiveness of the Striker is only at the level of the user trying to engage certain targets, those targets being Ground Vehicles and Air Vehicles, so long as the Ground and Air Vehicles make it possible for the user to make use of it. But when countered by Turrets or coming into an Infantry only fight, the striker is useless. People wanted to make the Striker a missile Lancer, basically a HA version of the Fracture, which I think is a bad idea since there was so much complaining about the Fracture as it is and knowing the past with the issues with the Phoenix's ability of taking out infantry when it shouldn't have been.

As for the death part... You missed the part I harped the most. I don't believe in empowering the enemy by giving them 'free xp'.

Redeploying is also a major time sink, however the point of using it as a means to justify the argument is flawed on the simple aspect of manpower being where they are now and the means to get to the location. Even for the VS and NC, you don't want to redeploy to resupply or re-outfit with what you need if you are in a good position. This would be the same case for people who set themselves up in areas that are hard to get to. Redeploy, short of redeploying to the warpgate is also timer delays, which means you lose time on an offensive or defensive line you need, and this is also ignoring the travel time necessary to do so.
  7. Keiichi25

The last Test Server post from 8/20/13 suggests that the Guided rounds will no longer go through terrain, so it will stop the wank fest about the Striker and treat it just like any other Lockon weapon for most ground users and some air users. And it will actually improve the chances of the bad tankers/pilots to evade the Striker missiles that they can stop acting like it hits with all 5 rounds all the time, even though I can successfully mitigate it by paying attention to my lockon warning alerts as my VS and NC chars.
  8. nitram1000

TR ruined this game, TR and their toys. Cannot wait for Battlefield 4.
  9. Yonasu

Lol my post got removed because i was trolling when i said someone was trolling... . I wash my hands of these striker justifier threads. have fun
  10. Jube

I've been testing the Striker on the PTR and the changes that have been made to the launcher won't matter at all when it's used in coordinated units. In fact my hit percentage with the new changes went up not down.The changes only really effected how fast I can get multiple clips of rockets fired accurately.

The fact is this.....Until or unless the Lock-on feature is removed, the Striker will own A/A and A/V when used in squad sized groups.
  11. Slandebande

Are you also accounting for the bugged rockets on the Live server, that won't give you hit markers upon connecting with the enemy? At least they have been reported. I will find it hard to believe your overall accuracy has as increased based on the changes (assuming you are shooting at the same ranges), when accounting for the bugged rockets. Just my 2 cents though

And any lock-on will own A/A and A/V when used in squad sized groups.
  12. Chaingunner

OK guys here are pure hard numbers. I took the top 50 players based on forever score and this spreadsheet is what I came up with. Take it or leave it debate it whatever you like. Some numbers will be off as time goes on people we have more time played and different stats. I will also do NC and VS once my back, eyes and fingers are up to it. It will not be long. Any suggestions or other stats to track let me know I am open to criticism.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AinK1XsKrWrAdEU1UnZDSldOVUY2TXBxYXlDVC1xbVE&usp=sharing
  13. Tommyp2006

A weapon is effective in groups? What has this game turned into? Working as a group should be punished!
  14. Goretzu

Again that is a pure Strawman argument.

The idea that because there can be a lot of factors means that it cannot be the Striker (yet coincidentally all the other factors just happen to change at the exact moment the Striker was put in game) is plain silly.

It is the Striker.......... it's just what to do about it that remains in question.
  15. Goretzu

To be fair that is ONE downside; it can't dumbfire.

It's still nothing like as big a downside as say the Pheonix has.
  16. Vixxing

Its a lock-on saying that it cant dumbfire is a downside is like saying that the downside of a Decimator is that it cant lock on...
  17. Slandebande

You can burn all your strawmen for all I care.
    I never said it cannot be due to the Striker in what I wrote, I can't understand how you could get that from what I've written. I said you can't conclude that it IS the Striker based on the numbers presented, due to un-accounted factors. There is quite a difference.
    If it happened at the exact moment the Striker was introduced, then let me see some data that backs it up, e.g. data from before and after it was implemented (exactly, like you put it). And by data, I mean valid data, actually able to stand for itself without having to be corrected for a lot of other things.

I'm still not even disagreeing in the Striker being too strong, but it's supposed effects on the in-game world isn't really backed up by said numbers so far.
  18. Luighseach

All of this still does not change my original argument. Strikers are too good at there intended role.

Also I never said that they deserved to die if caught with the wrong loadout. I also never said anything about "free xp" because I stated that you could redeploy etc. Also I did not ignore the travel time you are simply overstating it. This is not an arena game where 1 person matters. If you are out of the fight for 30 seconds as a Heavy then nothing will have changed.

My argument still stands in all parts.
  19. Goretzu

Well it is a downside (assuming a downside is something it can't do), a Striker that could dumbfire would be ridculously overpowered though.
    I don't have anything to do with Strawmen, sorry.

The fact that AA and AV dominance started WHEN the Striker came into the game proves it all, nothing else changed except its addition. Check mate.
  20. Slandebande

Well you sure like bringing them up, and ignoring my points while simultaneously stating things as facts without (being able to?) backing your statements up with any sort of data. You are stating it as a fact, and I don't see any data whatsoever backing it up, despite I asked for it. Even IF it started right at that point (still waiting for data) that still doesn't necessarily mean it is solely due to the Striker. It could be a combined effect, there could be something else affecting it as well. There are more often-than-not latent overpowered things lying in wait in practically all games, just waiting to be discovered and then abused, which could have contributed to it. Some changes also take longer than 1 day to take full effect as well. Again, it's hard to take you seriously when you conclude like you are doing, without backing it up with data. I'm not really into chess, but that is in no way a "checkmate" (1 word).