[Suggestion] Striker idea - something to help it find a niche and not be a boring sidegrade

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Huishe, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Huishe

Let's start with basics - all other ES RL are AV and bad against infantry. So we need to do something similar.

The idea is very simple. Increase the horizontal spread and vertical recoil into oblivion and add wire-guided capability. That way, a single striker user gets the rockets to spread over the whole screen left, right and up, and then they will slowly converge at one point hitting the target one by one (or not hitting if your aim is not good). Something like that:

[IMG]

Long range AV ES RL useless at low range and against infantry/maxes shooting you in the face. Fills a niche. Doesn't have a lock on mechanic.
    • Up x 17
  2. SerasVic

Why you shoot my Vanguard bro?

Seriously it looks pretty cool. Maybe not the striker but the new Maraudeur? (they said it'ld be like fractures)
  3. Huishe

If i tried to do this with magrider, by the time i finished drawing striker missiles it would already float away from the picture.
    • Up x 3
  4. f81818d

Good idea, but phoenix and lancer can do full damage at close range, and your version of striker cant.
    Better than current striker though.
  5. Huishe

Well, phoenix can't do damage at long range, so it's kinda even. Lancer, on the other hand... who cares, let it be, vanu need it to be happy. Who needs it for close range anyway?
  6. Zica96

Yeah that would be cool, a slight ROF increase and maybe an option to selectively shoot all the rockets at once (and act like you pictured it) or one by one like now, and of course, the aircraft Coyote lock on to stay the same, and it would be perfect!
  7. Shatteredstar

I can dig it. I think it would be kinda cool in a missile pack kinda way and would fit TR's style.

Rockets EVERYWHERE like just rockets bursting forth in a hailstorm of crazy all kinda going toward one point. Even if it didn't do a lot of damage the intimidation factor would be amazing. And this would look sexy as heck coming from like 4 HAs in a valk.

To be fair though at close range with lancer you'd almost be better to throw a rock at them before you get killed though.
  8. Huishe

I don't think everything at once can or will happen. Devs can't even give us vehicle coyotting to begin with, so i say get rid of coyote mechanics in general.
  9. BaTHu4ek

almighty bump, all gods are watching this thread
  10. TriumphantJelly

Lol.

Vangaurd is faster :p
    • Up x 1
  11. WTSherman

Seems sort of interesting, but that would make it hard to use from cover or anywhere near trees. TR will learn to despise Hossin. XD
    • Up x 1
  12. Shatteredstar

Wait people like Hossin?

Well I guess it is the best place ever for NC shotgun harasser.
  13. SerasVic

Wait, who doesn't?
    • Up x 1
  14. Huishe

Yeah well, i'm more worried about people blowing themselves and their allies up with uncontrollable recoil. Or shooting this from valk - and blowing it - like i heard phoenix does sometimes.

But still, hossin can hardly be despised more than it is now, so i'm willing to trade it for usable striker.
  15. WTSherman

Yeah, the Valkyrie flies faster than the Phoenix. So if you launch it in front of one of the wings, or launch it ahead of a stationary Valk and the pilot decides to go forward... boom.
  16. MadInkhorn

I don't understand why they don't but it back to the way it was, like it was in PS1. Everybody wants everything balanced but that is not the case with ES gear. The best part of planetside is the different tactics and game play from ES equipment. The striker was lock on and has always been, so what was the problem with it. And it couldn't even dumbfire so i don't understand what was the big problem. Everybody complaining about balance is killing the best part of the game. Each faction is different and causes you to use different tactics to achieve victory. VS maxes had jumpjets, NC had a shotgun that was better then the common pool, and TR had heat seekers. More TR HA's with Strikers meant there were less vehicles on the battle field and ended up hurting them in the long run. The only difference in empires will end up being the color of your armor.
    • Up x 1
  17. Shatteredstar

Esamir for life yo.

None of that fog crap!
  18. Huishe

Actually, Esamir has some fog too... Quite hard to snipe things with prowler.

Indar for life!
  19. SerasVic

Night vision on vehicules, no more fog for 50 certs.

don't thanks me
  20. Shatteredstar

I can't drive anything with any level of safety to myself or those around me =p so I only gun or run!

Indar bases always seem so...exposed compared to Esamir but that might just be where I am fighting normally.

As for the striker, all the rockets! I imagine that and fractures as being just a missile or rocket swarm that makes people go "oh god!!!" Even if they don't have big explosions but just visually stunning and heaven help you if you're in the path of that swarm.