Stressed out Much?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Feb 22, 2015.

1. DorianOmega

Seriously, how stressed out do you get while playing the game or more importantly when you get killed?

Looking through these threads I'd say a LOT of people are suffering from excess amounts of stress, which leads to negative thinking, which has very probably lead to the excessive amount of negative threads here on the forum.

In case you didn't know, excess stress will literally cause health problems and even brain damage.
    Maybe its time to take a look at what we are all doing here and ask, are we actually having fun and is it really necessary to ask for constant nerfs or rant threads when its probably us that need to change our ways of being instead of asking the devs to make a change?
  2. Pfundi

In Germany a television show actually did some interesting research about that exact thematic.http://www.prosieben.de/tv/galileo/themen/aktionen/dont-stop-gaming/fabian-siegismund
    That guy is a more or less well known german YouTuber and hes really good at Battlefield. What he basically did was playing 24 hours.
    They were watching how relaxed he was, how well he could comcentrate, etc.
    When someone is really interested I can watch the videos tomorrow and give a short summary in English.
  3. Xind

Feeling stressed out? Grab a ScatterMax. You're a real ******* when you haven't had your ScatterMax today.
  4. tf2hero

i just play brutal doom to release stress. AND IT ******* WORKS
  5. Meeka

Once in awhile, I get frustrated... and when I do, it reflects in my game play. When I find that happening, I go do something else for awhile... then I come back with a fresh brain; or I just decide to intentionally "play badly" and goof off.

There's also been a few times where I was feeling like my game play was suffering so I was like, "Okay, I'm playing badly, so I'm just gonna go play badly on purpose." And I'd grab a Battle Sunderer with no gunners what-so-ever and charge head long into a pile of enemy infantry or tanks just to ram them for fun... and I'd do it several times over until something funny happened.does. Or I'd toss a Sunderer or tank off a cliff on top of enemy forces.

I took the advice of "Don't be afraid to be bad at something" literally. :D
  6. PhoenixError

Most of the time I don't get stressed when playing/getting killed. Most of the times getting killed annoys me I'm just already tired of the game or tired/other things affecting it to begin with. Like if I'm in a platoon that keeps trying to fight a zerg that is steamrolling us, I start getting annoyed and frustrated. That and when it seems I can't kill anything or do anything right (the usually sorts out if I go at it a bit more).

Probably helps long given up caring about competitive play in FPSs at least, I used to get really stressed/frustrated playing BF2 and L4D2 with people from another site. Think after L4D2 I couldn't take it anymore and just stopped playing shooters for quite awhile. If the game is stressing you out that much (I'm talking about like getting cold hands and such bad for me), it's better to walk away and do something else.

Now Football Manager, I still have issues getting too worked up about but that's another topic.
  7. HadesR

Good stress release is making a troll comment in /Yell

It's surprising how many people take the bait and fall for you taking the piss .. Resulting in much saltyness on their side , and relaxation on yours :)
  8. Crayv

When I get stressed I go and relax by fighting TR instead of VS. My stress goes down and often my K/D goes up.
  9. HappyStuffin

What's stressing me out is that looping shrek gif you've got for a signature. How ironic is that... can you nerf that gif please?

10. Jawarisin

your sig is stressing me out more than planetside 2 ever did.
    • Up x 2
  11. Tyrranis

I have my moments, yes.

Mind you, as a Connery NC that focuses on base defense as a Heavy, some might argue that I bring it upon myself.
  12. Littleman

When I stress out, I play VS, brutal doom, or Warframe with my slash damage mods equipped to the right weapons. Gibs galore or NOT DYING TO OP **** tends to be great stress relief.

Done playing any other empire until the VS are brought in line, and I'm not sure they can be without mechanic overhauls to their weaponry. It ain't even the power exactly (except the Orion) it's the way their special weapons work. I never want to be on the receiving end of a lasher again.
  13. Mythologicus

Except the thing is, it's all fun and games for so long and then it stops being funny anymore.

I literally just got done with the most crushing two hours I ever spent in PS2. Thought I'd potentially found a way to entertain myself after a ****storm of unhappiness, nope, the ******* TR Lib from earlier catches me.

Just cry into a pillow for a bit, mope about watching Youtube videos, then go back and do it all over again tomorrow.

I wish I was being sarcastic.
  14. Ianneman

I made a thread about this as well, PS2 could do with some extra chat and banter
  15. Halo572

I totally understand the frustration that this title can cause, I think it is undoubtedly the most stressful gaming experience ever had which is even worse in hindsight because when we played over the years it was going to get better.

And it didn't and never will.

I spent so much time trying to understand why you couldn't hit anything and then realised the centre of the screen was off when you measured it.

With that epiphany the title lost any interest for me, my quest was complete.

Why anyone persists is beyond me, there is no way to be persistently 'good' unless you cheese farm, which is maybe a reason as it validates the existence of those that do it.

For a normal gamer with nothing to prove there is no satisfaction as one minute you are a gaming god the next someone swapped your ammo out for blanks.

I'm playing Stubbs the Zombie from 2005 and it contains more fun and enjoyment in it's loading screens than PS2 can manage in it's now doubtful lifetime.
  16. day ofm one

I get really stressed when the game performance goes down.

Latency and hit detection issues are a massive pain for me, I just can't rely on myself anymore but have to hope for the game to work.

I really don't like not to rely on myself.

Guess that's why I am a lone wolf player.
  17. Liewec123

i'm going through the motions of auraxing 5 shotguns to unlock brawler, just under 2k of the 5800 left to go now and it is driving me insane, the double xp weekend has been a nice refreshment since i put the shotgunning on hold to get as many certs as possible,
    i was starting to get a bit stressed with the shotguns!
  18. MikeyGeeMan

Its a game. It has no bearing on your life except as for amusement and entertainment.

In the end its all 1s and 0s.

How can that really be stressful?
  19. Littleman

It should come as no surprise that players of a player-versus-player online first person shooter are just a wee-bit competitive. When stupid things like the player you're shooting at are lagging renders them nigh invulnerable when they do that stupid back and forth twerking dance (I have dealt with this constantly, it's better to just stop shooting at all) understandably people are going to get angry when they die as they pile round after round after round into somebody and get no results. Planetside 1 was more reliable, and it was built for and worked on dial up. Moral of the story: CS+SSHD hybrid models fail miserably. You're still getting shot around corners (more stress) but now the laggers benefit even when being shot at in the open.
  20. Syphers

Competition,caring about stats, PS2 isn't relaxation friendly lol but neither are most online fps. stress lower testosterone, immune health and impair proper digestion a good thing to know for overall health and if you workout.