Stream summary

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ican'taim, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ican'taim

• Tempest (Javelin) will be NSO exclusive, will be slower than it's PSA cousin
    • NSO will get an exploding max unit with a dome shield.
    • More progress on Sanctuary (possibly a HART shuttle due to the amount of airlocks, this is pure speculation though)
    • New NSO sniper rifle
    • Winter biolabs are coming next week, with a PTS update tomorrow.
    • Bug fixes/performance
    • Dev letter coming
    • No news about Oshur.
    • No news about Planetside 3
    • There will be another stream next month
    Overall the stream was a bit of a downer, but at least we are getting bug fixes next week so I guess that's something.
  2. Blam320

It bites hard that the Tempest is going to be NSO exclusive; the hoverbike was my favorite part of PlanetSide: Arena, and I loved riding it.

I seriously hope DBG reconsiders. And I have a sinking suspicion that DBG management is trying to dip their fingers too far into how the developers run the game, again.
  3. OneShadowWarrior

-You forgot to mention lot’s of hot fixes, bug fixes and more anti cheat stuff.
    -Vendors for the sanc in near future, the doors are expandable once the zone is added in.
    -Bunch of animation fixes.
    -A mention of a big update for outfits in near future.
    -Future vehicles on the definite horizon.

I think the stream was good, the morale seemed more upbeat and the new producer seems dedicated to getting the game tuned in right with DX11 and fixing the issues first.

I am also glad Wrel canned the new player experience concepts. Tutorials are a waste of resources.
    • Up x 2
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

I admit I really like that bubble shield. Kind of wish I could play NSO just so I could have it. I really love playing as a support class. I've also seen so many threads about how players wished the MAX could do more than just what it currently does - operate to kill. I'd love the MAX to have better support options like that bubble shield.

I'm glad to hear about the possible changes to the Prowler shield though, it does need its own health pool that doesn't eat into the tank itself.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

The new producer seemed to really say what I been wanting them to say, bunch of hot fixes needed with DX11 changeover. That alone had me excited.

I am just glad they are going to slowly bring the game in with more stuff, I was concerned with their layoffs, none of us want Planetside to die, at least the veterans don’t, I can’t say about the new players who expect it all for free and never spend a dime. I put my money where my mouth is and spend on content I feel is worth it. They had a $85 bundle package, I thought the stuff was actually really good, most of it cosmetics though.
    • Up x 1
  6. Campagne

Oh boy, even more content locked behind a paywall?

Great news.
    • Up x 2
  7. YellowJacketXV

Unpopular Opinion time.

The Javelin should absolutely be a glass cannon attack bike. NSO has no ESF nor MBT, so treat the Javelin as a ground based ESF. No one in their right mind is going to choose repair nor gate diffuse over the missile launcher. To assume otherwise is disjointed from the playerbase and foolish.

Just give Javelin bikes weapons, have them only really good at close range (they can catch up anyway) and make it so they pop from a single AP round. Not like you can't be shot out of the driver's seat.
  8. Liewec123

other things i noticed, the NSO sniper rifle had a "zip wire" attachment.
    his directives screen (where directives and stuff is) had a "Speciality" tab.
  9. iller

Really? Are they just going to be putting all the newest content behind permanent Pay-Walls?

I mean, I'm plenty used to that from having spent wayyy too much time in Black-Desert (thank god I got out)
    ...but one thing I noticed is that the wider population DOES notice those things and eventually the resentment becomes overwhelming... it doesn't just go in a cycle of endless Normalization as our crooked Media would have you believe
    • Up x 2
  10. Nefaris

They better get the bugs fixed along with the warping lagging players my one year sub is up in april and if it don't get better it will not be refilled
  11. Nefaris

its been that way for awhile now milk the whale nurds
  12. YellowJacketXV

I hate to sound like "that nerd", but after the absolute BLUNDER that was "that other game" did you really anticipate anything less?
    The main game is going to be put under a microscope for bug fixes and updates to the anti-cheat. That's good. After tanking what they did, could you really say you were hoping for any other outcome?

Plus, NSO is incredibly barebones, hardly played, and generally used as a 'back up' fun character because they lack access to MBT's and ESF's as well as lack the ability to join outfits. If DBG wants more subs (to help recover from "that other game") guess what they're going to do? Make the pay-faction better.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

To be honest they need this, right now NSO is a huge self nerf, noone in their right mind would pay for that,
    They were missing a traditional Bolt Action Rifle, the new one fills the void,
    They were missing an MBT, javelin doesn't even begin to compete, but atleast they have the same number of ground vehicles now,
    They were missing a max, and while Defector isn't really a max, It fills the same role.
    So they still need an ESF equivalent!

Even then, you still pay to play the losing faction with way less guns.
  14. ican'taim

15. DarkStarAnubis

I have seen the stream and sadly it left a sense of "vagueness" that is more worrying than ever... A kind of "we are working on tons of things from new contents to bugs to new weapons and concepts and focusing on so many things, so many we can't even remember or describe in depth... "

Focus - or lack thereof.
  16. iller

Okay but are they actually a faction though? It's not like they're defending the Objectives with NO MBT's at all, the faction they are playing for is responsible for that stuff. It's not like long range Bolt-Actions are even part of the actual game to begin with either when it comes to actually securing a Point hold. (infiltrator is just Observer mode for 90% of the gameplay until you equip an SMG). ...and yeah ESF is a fun little distraction from a real push, but it's not an Optimal Air-based vehicle when compared to a Valk or Lib crew. As long as the Robots can pile into a Valk & spam repairgun, they're getting MORE certs than your average ESF pilot will ever see

Yah ya got me on the whole MAX issue, but we both know that our own Faction ain't doin' so hot there either which means it should probably get the bigger Priority over the ALAHU AKBAR (robot) ARMY
  17. Liewec123

but its still toys to play with, even if you don't think they're useful,
    the fact remains that I, as a normal player have access to 4 air vehicles and 4 ground vehicles,
    while people paying to play on the underpop (NSO) only have 3 of each and way less weapons.
    so why would anyone bother? underpop, less weapons, less vehicles, and paying to do it?!
    give them some fun unique toys and more people might feel tempted to play them!

i think it is good that they are encouraging more players to play NSO,
    and lately it seems very rare for me to be on DBGs side!
    but more NSO's means fairer population balance and also more income for PS2.
    win win!
    • Up x 1
  18. AlcyoneSerene

Only enjoyed hearing about DX11 performance fixes since the game stuttering is maddening at anything but minimum in-game render distance.

Same for bug fixes: fighting against my infantry special ability failing toggle on/off or even staying half-toggled (half-overshield but not really?) is really irritating, clearly a bug that creeped in from a long time ago when binging that to a mouse button would do the same except much worse.

Also I hope they work on detecting cheaters, blatant and subtle, and look into network exploiting advantages as it's no fun going against deliberate ping-wizards who exist 0.5s ahead of you in game so you only fight their shadow.

Oshur would have been nice. Am sick of Indar stalemates, seriously, wouldn't miss that continent if it were deleted. Hossin's the best.

Social hub sounds like mini-grinds and gambling vendors.

I could care less about catering to any "new player experience." This game isn't for the average player, and that won't change no matter how much anyone spoon-feeds and handholds them. I was a new player playing solo once, was super confused, got my *** kicked, and still do, which is what keeps me coming back to up my IVI, tK/D, KPM, continent wins, vehicle play, and general farming of my enemies.

After the worthless "PS3" blog I lost even more confidence in whoever's left running the things and their ability to rise above the cheaters/exploiters and endless core game code degradation on every patch.
    • Up x 1