[Straw poll] What makes you log off?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FieldMarshall, Jul 21, 2015.

1. FieldMarshall

So i was just curious as to why people decide to log off. If it just happens naturally or if its some sort of ingame trigger, like a hacker camping everyone.
    So i decided to make a straw poll about it (never made one before, but i think it worked), thought it might be interesting.

You can pick multiple options.
    Link: http://strawpoll.me/4985253
    • Up x 1
  2. n0pax

Good poll the results should be very interesting. I personally voted for bad battles. I hate when the fights are on Indar at broken arch road stuck between there and the crossroads in a snipefest. Esamir has a lotnj of similar middling areas that just cause me to give up.

I also voted for not enough players online because I log off daily once the post primetime alert (the one that ends at 1:30 to 3 am) on Emerald since there is virtually no pvp action after that.
  3. Meeka

When I have to; get too tired, have to do something else.

There's nothing in PS2 that has ever made me "rage quit" or log off angry or frustrated; and I have over 3200 hours logged. :p
    • Up x 1
  4. Ianneman

The lattice system really needs some tweaking.

Sometimes theere are just NO decent battles AT ALL. Esamir and Amerish especially have very limited ways of attacking and defending. Indar is absolutely amazing, and it's usually when Indar is locked that I tend to log off quicker.
  5. OldMaster80

My cpu overheating because summer in italy is freaking hot this year.
    • Up x 1
  6. Giligan96

Some times it just seems like every enemy/vehicle knows my next move and I go on a bad streak of deaths. Like 10 -15 in a row. That's when I say "it's time to walk away and come back another day!"
  7. Klabauter8

I voted for "others". Of course real life stuff also is a reason, but the main things which annoy me in this game so much that I log off are getting killed by Libs out of nowhere and getting gunners who don't know what they are doing.

It's very frustrating getting killed within a second by a stealthy tank buster Lib or when suddenly a bomb falls onto your head out of nowhere, but in the end, I guess I just have to be more cautious to avoid this. It's just that it seems very unfair to me when such a tanky vehicle still can be this stealthy and kill you so fast and easily, that's why it really annoys me.

The main reason for me to log off though is not being able to get decent gunners. At least every second gunner I get can't read the mini-map, doesn't pay attention to the front, aims at the wrong targets with the wrong weapons, or shoots way too early with weapons which actually have no range, etc. This is what annoys me the most in this game, apart from not being able to find any gunner at all. And getting in contact with good gunners is also really not easy.
  8. ShootMeThankYou

When it gets boring. It's FPS after all, constant shooting gets old fast. Though I do log sometimes because of dying too much, that's a fine pointer I had enough for today.
  9. breeje

other:
    when indar gets closed, sometimes i play on other maps but my map knowledge of the other continents are worthless
    i always feel like a noob running/driving from base to base
  10. AlterEgo

I heard that Italian pizza sauce and a mixture of pesto and linguini is magic for CPUs; have you tried that?
  11. Mythologicus

Bad or boring battles - thanks VS overpop. Though it happens regardless of faction when the major fights are all at horrible, horrible bases which proceed to stalemate for HOURS.

Frustration - I'm competitive. I take major and/or recurring ****ups personally.
  12. Vokker

To many heavy assaults.
  13. Konstantinn

I log off because there's something else I have to do or would rather be doing. Usually after some logical conclusion to my play session (like capturing, defending, or losing a base).

There is no frustration in this game for me. After playing 2.5 years there have been so many wins and losses it all blends together. 5 min after logging out I won't remember if I was winning or losing during that particular play session.
    • Up x 3
  14. Whatupwidat

I either run out of time to play any more or rage quit after being farmed by vehicles for the nth time.
  15. GhostAvatar

Why no option for sleep??
  16. ValorousBob

Do you dream about Coyote missiles when you sleep Mr Avatar?
  17. ValorousBob

Honestly meight, being farmed is a choice. If certain behavior results in you getting killed by vehicles repeatedly, change your behavior. There's no excuse for getting farmed in this game when anyone can just pull an aircraft or tank of their own and go clear out enemy vehicles.
  18. ChUnKiFieR

I usually log off when the Asians come online. I didn't spent my entire childhood with my face pasted to a monitor like some electronic zombie so I'm no match for them because,, I HAVE A LIFE!
  19. cbplayer

You should put "weariness" on the choices
    That usually happens after partying with my outfit for 3 hours at midnight
  20. MouthFulofCrabs

i just full out find the game boring after a while, drive tank kill blow up tank die repeat, spawn, kill, die repeat...

no game modes nothing which is why i have started to find real life hobbies... *bushcraft for fun now*