Strange login & sync issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bear, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Bear

I'm putting this here in hopes that some of the PS2 tech dudes see this. In the last week I've noticed some very strange behavior while logging in and attempting to play. It often takes several login attempts to actually get into the game. Sometimes the launcher just spins and spins, sometimes it actually connects to the game but the lag is instantly noticeable. Other times it just crashes completely.

If/when I do get into the warpgate it seems to take between 20 seconds and 1 minutes for everything to load in what I now refer to as the "bugged" login. The terminals are inaccessible, no squads are listed and there's a massive lag to every action except me running around and shooting. If I deploy using instant action, most of the players are floating 50m off the ground and vehicles are warping, flipping and there seem to be random explosions all over the game. The most bizarre thing though is that if I manage to join my outfit, the ingame comms are completely normal.

If I try log off, the status bar on the launcher repeatedly shows 32%, if it doesn't crash I can sometimes get back to the character selection screen. If I attempt to get back into the game, it will either load up quickly or we'll repeat the same dance. The odd behavior might require 3-5 different login attempts.

This never happened before so I'm suspicious it's tied to something in the last couple of patches. I tried reinstalling completely and that hasn't help. Nothing has changed (hardward or drivers) on my end so I'm posting this here from in hopes that someone from SOE can dig into it.
  2. The Messenger

I just started having the same issue this morning and it's still going on. I had no issues with the latest patch but now everything is the same as you described. Additionally, when I log out, the loading screen seems to loop over and over. I have to go to the task bar and force close PS2. Tried validating game resources, checked my connection, pinged the Mattherson server; everything seems fine on those ends.
  3. Bear

Yup, that sounds like the same thing. Weirdest part is, when it connects correctly, everything is fine. It it's a "bugged" login it's like I've created some kind of time warp and I'm 20 seconds behind everything that's actually happening.

If I crash and have to log in again it'll either work perfectly or I'll have to go through the same dance over and over again. I've tried both Mattherson and Waterson and they both have the same issue.
  4. SnipersUnion

I've just had an issue where I was disconnected from server and tried to reloag three times, each resulting in a 'not responding' crash. Internet etc is all fine my end. Was fine up till then.

I do remember Maggie saying that the more you try to relog, the more messed up re-entering the game becomes. I'm going to sleep on it and hope all is well tomrw.
  5. Bear

I've even gone so far as rebooting between login attempts and resetting my router and it hasn't made any difference.
  6. Bear

Yup, still happening!
  7. Diplocaulus

I haven't had the chronic issues described here, but last night something new happened: When I clicked on "Play" on the login screen I experienced an instant CTD. The second time I tried I logged in fine and played for several hours.
  8. shd

It was supposedly fixed when they asked us to log stuff and send it but i've noticed the same. I don't have what you are describing (had that before briefly) but i noticed sometimes when i log in i have noticeable delay (terminals, gunfire) and a relog usually can fix this.

It's as if there is some routing screw up between the login and game server.
  9. a4555in

Been having this issue since i started PS2(march)..it did reduce a little with OMFG but it still appears at every 2 logins. It's supposedly due to your server desnyching with the game's. Rebooting the game worked for me before, now relogging works too(sometimes). I do get stuck 32% when logging off, but after ~10sec it does get me to the character selection screen.
    After half a year of experiencing this, I ALWAYS get a 'bugged' login when :
    1.) The 'passive certs have been awarded" thingy does NOT pop up the instant I enter the WG.
    2.)Other players do NOT load the instant I enter the WG.
    Whenever this happens I reboot the game asap, saves a lot of time.