Strange Awesome Players I've been encountering lately, how "bad" am I?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dkamanus, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Sevre

Same. I hadn't realized how odd hit detection had gotten, until I played on the weekend. I died more times AFTER running behind cover or into spawn rooms, than I did in open view of enemies. I know that hit detection is always a problem with FPSs, and that lag affects it, blah blah blah. But I have definitely noticed a rise in death after taking cover than ever before. I'm not sure what might have happened, maybe just an accidental side effect from some other code they changed, but same-time kills and deaths after going behind cover is really starting to get obnoxious.

I particularly remember one on the weekend, kill tracker in the top right showed I killed the guy first, then he killed me, but on the kill screen it said he had only lost 4 bars of shield! This is after putting several shotgun shells in him point-blank, and I'm staring at his dead body on the ground.
  2. p10k56

I think that on woodman 1/5 of players are using some sort of hacks. We have entire outfits of mild hackers. Attacking bases with two times more defenders and still easily win.
  3. Moxin

• Up x 1
  4. LabRatTy

I'm not someone who gets too riled up over silly video game issues. But this is actually really offensive.

This is SOE saying, "We value the cheaters more than the legitimate players." Because actions speak louder than words.

What a waste of time. There is no reason for that.
  5. Darlithor

I second the lag from GU2 making some people appear superman-ish. Normally I am dying a second or two after killing the person.. But on occasion I notice the lag is the other way around, in other-words, I am dead before I see who shot me.. Then lying on the floor I see him come around the corner shooting.

This was illustrated well last night when I landed in my Lib for repairs, took off just in time to see a Galaxy coming in to ram me. He was a good 100m away and boom I blow up.. Wasn't even an impact animation on my screen, I just blew up.. My squad mates say they saw the Galaxy plow into me, but on my screen, I had more than enough distance for evasive maneuvers.

So yeah.. Things are stupid frustrating right now.