[BUG] strafing with assault rifles faster then with carbines?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Achmed20

i just had a rather senseless but awesome fight near TI alloys and figured out that something was wrong. i kept dying with my LA way more often then with my Combat medic. soon i realized that strafing ADS with the NS11A (medic) and shotguns is allmost twice as fast as with all my carbines.

is this a bug? i mean this has to be because it make so much no sense. Carbines strafing has to be as fast is this considered that LAs are a class of mobility and those guns should weight less then an assault rifle and yet the NS11 has more.

i guess/hope its a bug of the NS11 because no other weapons beside shottys to have this "feature"
  2. Ipecac

3. Achmed20

i just figured that out too while comparing some weapons, but thx anyway :)

still, am i the only one who finds this rather odd?
  4. Wolfwood82

Probably not. But the advantages that carbines have over assault rifles are purely mobility and awkwardness in indoor or urban combat and these things aren't reflected in a video game because every character regardless of weapon held takes up exactly the same amount of space and has exactly the same amount of rotation speed, movement speed, and reaction speed.

Carbines should really be much faster then all other weapons (including shotguns) for all of the above aspects because of their lighter weight and shorter barrels.