[Suggestion] Stop with the unannounced updates on offical forums

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thickskull, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Thickskull

Updates are going on live severs that are not posted about in the game updates forum. Most recently, an update changed a few bio-labs on Amerish, removing jump pads, some of the teleports, and rearranging the bottom garage area. This is a major change to the bio-lab that was not announced over the official forums, the latest update being 12/5/2014 concerning changes for the holiday season. While voicing my opinion about this in game, others confirmed that these kind of updates (refereed to as "stealth" updates) have been going on for sometime, albeit, mostly small changes to weapons and vehicles. In the same breath, some had claimed have some knowledge about them from other media like twitter or reddit, but how are those an acceptable medium in which can take over for the main forums? Many people don't check those sites for game update news and, like myself, rely on the updates to be announced in the game launcher. How many of these kinds of updates have gone unnoticed or unheard of by majority of the play base? Who's to say that our weapons aren't silently being reworked and just "stealth updated" into the main game?
    Please, stop this cycle. This is the first time I have noticed these types of updates causing a major change (mostly because it was clearly visible) and it should not continue, it is directly in conflict with being honest to your player base, for even if its update notes over how a weapon was slightly tuned to shoot at a lesser velocity to stop it from sniping aircraft, is important news to the people that use these weapons and for all those being shot at by them.
    • Up x 4
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

There's often been 'stealth' updates in this game. Sometimes these updates are apparently mentioned via Reddit or a developer's Twitter, which I agree is a little unacceptable. Update information is often sporadic. Sometimes we'll be informed of a slight update, sometimes we won't. In regards to the Ikanam changes, this has been going on for quite some time and there genuinely has been information on this here on the forums which you can find here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/ikanam-biolab.206926/

Since there's often updates which aren't announced for Live, I often check the PTS section as DarkTexas is very kind in keeping us up to date with some changes. While the PTS patches may not 100% apply to Live in the end, at least I'm not kept in the dark about what potential changes there are. :)
  3. Razzyman

I thought the Bio Lab change was only on PTS at the moment, saw a video someone had posted of the change. Didn't realize it had gone live yet. I also agree on the whole Reddit and Twitter deal, I've posted why before, but that's another topic entirely.

Lastly, on the topic of a stealth update, obligatory :eek:.
  4. Thickskull

Ah, so it was something passed over from test server without being announced. Thank you, I guess I'll have to start looking there more often.