[Suggestion] Stop the Faction flips

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by /clutch, Jun 26, 2019.

1. FateJH

While being fair to the rest of those threads that would have credible complaints about population swings, I'd say at most half of those threads in the past include people who failed to properly apply the mechanics behind basic percentages.
  2. Badman76

What i hate about people who swap factions is when you kill someone loads of times then they swap to your faction and to kill you. Happened to me twice last night.
  3. VeryCoolMiller

Simply this... too many ppl flip to a winning faction way before the alert has ended.
    Add a soft cooldown (5 min ? ) if you are moving from an underpopped to an overpopped faction.
  4. Liewec123

The best way to prevent this is to rework the reward system,

I almost always switch to my main toon for continent lock alerts but I can easily see why people dont.
    I'm spending over an hour on nc with no chance of winning, and for my loyalty I get given a few peanuts.
    If i was to shamelessly switch to my VS I'd be showered in cheap, unearned rewards,
    ofcourse people are gonna switch, rewarding 4th factioners is a bad system,
    So let's start rewarding loyalty and sticking it through instead!

Give the winning faction a reward, sure, but make it lesser, make the main reward be for sticking out the alert,
    No matter the faction, if you stuck around for the whole alert (or most of it) you get the small chance of the rare weapons and camos that the winning faction currently gets,
    you also get a nice chunk of iso, not quite as much as the winners who played the whole thing on one character, but a nice amount, more than folks who switched part way through.

With this change it would be more beneficial to stay on your character for the alert, if you switch to the winning side halfway through you'll receive less reward than you would have sticking it out on the losing side.

Winners who stuck it out would still get the most rewards.

Win bonus would be something like 100 iso,
    but 1 hour participation bonus would be 200. (And chance of the rare stuff)
    (150iso for 45 minutes, 100iso for 30 minutes etc)
    The more of the alert that you play with a single character, the higher the reward.

So if you win you get the 100 iso, and if you played for over an hour you also get 200 iso, 300 total
    (and a chance at the rare stuff)

If you lose in last place but played over an hour you'd only get 25 iso for last place,
    but 200 bonus for 1h+ participation, 225 iso total (and a chance at the rare stuff)

If you switch to the winning faction halfway through you get 100 iso for winning
    but only 100 iso for 30 minutes participation, 200 total iso (and NO chance of the rare stuff)
  5. Twin Suns

Just like the Taliban, if your faction is losing the alert just switch sides.

Art imitates Life. ;).

If somebody gives you grief about it, just get on you're white horse and scream "You can't tell me how to play the game".

LOL
  6. TR5L4Y3R

this was true like over a year or so ago, now however there is no point in switching to the winning faction rewardwise cause the shorter you played as a faction during a alert the smaller your reward will be ... switching from playing with a losing faction for 45 minutes during the alert you get less out on the winning faction than you would on having played the losing faction, enitrely loss-loss situation ...
  7. TR5L4Y3R

putting a timelimit on faction switching would not stop this kind of griefing ...
    they may aswell just have an extraccount for that ... report and move on ..
  8. Badman76

No, I agree, I was thinking if your weapons get locked for griefing then this should affect all your accounts
  9. JohnMcCreedy

When one faction is fighting a minimum of 66% of the map's population at any given time, using weapons that kick like a mule, and have the sustained fire capability of a musket, is it any wonder people switch factions? Perhaps if DBG balanced the factions once and for all, and penalised double teaming we'd see people stick with their chosen faction.
  10. TR5L4Y3R

and how do you want to prove that multiple accounts are used by the same player?
    "oh my brother that idiot team killed so now the weapons on my account are locked"

.... .... ... yea ...
  11. Savadrin

Clearly it's you who chose wrong then, and not DBG. Prove me wrong.
  12. Badman76

I'm on about when someone team kills you over and over again until they get their weapons locked

And they must be able to know, as you can buy weapons/camo's ect that carry over onto all your accounts
  13. TR5L4Y3R

all characters of a account ..... not all accounts ..
  14. Badman76

Yes, sorry, that's what i meant