[Suggestion] Stop putting the controversial continents back to back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RabidIBM, Aug 9, 2022.

1. RabidIBM

I can't speak for other servers, but Connery only every has 1 continent open at a time. Hossin and Oshur are the two most controversial continents in the game. Please stop lining them up in the continent order. If it was just 1 or 2 patches I would shrug, but we're at more like 4 or 5 patches where one of Hossin or Oshur has been followed by the other. For whatever reason they keep showing up at prime time. Esamir, Amerish and Indar are the off hours continents on Connery, and Oshur and Hossin show up at prime time...back to back. As a PL I have platoon morale to manage, please stop making my job harder than it has to be.

Thanks.
  2. MonnyMoony

I have to agree - nothing is more disheartening than Hossin getting locked - and seeing Oshur opening up - or both Hossin and Oshur being unlocked at the same time.

I wish they'd blown up Hossin instead of Esamir - Hossin would benefit from more variety (open areas caused by the blast, fallen trees etc) - whereas Esamir was a barren wasteland anyway and the explosion added nothing of interest.

The first few weeks on Esamir were ok when fights were concentrated around the shattered warpgate and we had the ability to salvage enemy vehicles - but all that interest went away when the Shattered Warpgate event ended, now Esamir is just a worse version of what it was before and the containment sites are boring.
  3. BlackFox

Same on Miller - It's either Oshur or Hossin during maintime or both together and then followed by Esamir. Really kills the mood to play at all
  4. Liewec123

Hossin and oshur will always come together, it was inevitable,

While hossin is open people will flock to the better maps, so it will just stay open and empty in the background.
    but once all of the better maps have locked you are only left with oshur and hossin.
  5. JibbaJabba

Hate to burst your bubble but your opinion is just that. Others may have different ones.

I'm not a huge fan of Oshur but Hossin is my favorite continent. Esamir is my "logoff continent"
  6. MonnyMoony

He didn't say worse, he said "most controversial". I think that is true. Hossin has it's fans, but it does seem to polarise the player base in a way that other continents don't.

When Hossin is open with Indar, Amerish or Esamir - people tend to go to these other continents rather than Hossin. That's my experience at least.

Perhaps the Devs should conduct a poll and weight continent opening based on popularity (e.g. don't have the two most unpopular continents open together, or don't have one unpopular continent open immediately after another one has closed - flip flop them with a more popular continent).
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

I used to really dislike Hossin, with its boring rectangular placeholder bases,
    Annoying canyons, a tiny inch of water just to make tank mines invisible, too much clutter, perma-darkness etc.

But then Oshur happened, and suddenly Hossin seems like an S-tier map in comparison!
    For all of Hossin's issues, Atleast it still plays like Planetside.
  8. MonnyMoony

Yep - Oshur is also my new least favourite continent.
  9. JibbaJabba

Aye, controversial is fair.

But why should I lose my favorite continent because it's "controversial"? Thumbs down on this whole idea which is basically "The game should cater to my subjective preferences... not the other players"

If it catered to my opinion we would roll back Esamir, or simply say oh well, and delete it.

It's a steaming pile right now. Repeated fights at some bases not because they are good and fun but because that's where the **** base design elsewhere has funneled action on the lattice to.

Biolabs not only removed but some really awesome satellite bases that came with them too.

Echo Valley is decent now, but why did we destroy the previous Echo Valley which was much better? Legendary even.

And the containment sites. O. M. F. G. Why have they not been given a refresh yet. Some teleporters or something. Is it not apparent that this is the place where KPM goes to wither and die.

So again, thumbsdown. OP is asking for some players favorite continent not to get it's turn in rotation. Nope.
  10. MonnyMoony

Who said anything about losing a continent? Nobody has suggested removing Hossin - the suggestion is not to have Hossin and Oshur open at the same time - or come online one after the other. Hossin would still be open as often as it is now.

I'd roll back Esamir in a heartbeat. New Esamir isn't as good as the old one - too many good bases were lost to the shattered warpgate and the containment sites.

No they aren't - they are just suggesting the rotation is modified such that the two least favourite continents don't occur together or in succession. They can still come up as often in the rotation as they do now - just not together.
  11. JibbaJabba

There isn't a "rotation" that occurs. They unlock in the order they were locked. And they lock in the order that the players do it (or after a period of time if players don't)

To change this order would require overriding the player actions and artificially saying "nope.. .don't unlock hossin yet even though it's due. Open some other one first".

The net result would be less overall instances of Hossin in some given 24hr period.

12. Tr34

Oshur shouldn't stay open while there's another continent active. We already have a limited playerbase, it kills fights and actions at an earlier time. Some players don't prefer oshur at all so they choose whichever other continent is active, but the rest prefers it because it has the active alert and this causes player division among continents. I don't like having 1-12 fights with just stalkers ghost capping and crickets chirping.
  13. TR5L4Y3R

by all means, ban amerish! ......