Stop neglecting the adrenaline pump!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Jun 9, 2015.

1. BlueSkies

PS1 also had the Surge implant... and for a short while we had the ultimate CQC soldier: The Jackhammer Surgile!

god I miss that
    • Up x 1
  2. OldMaster80

100% maybe it's too much but up to 25-30% on activation and the usual 10% as passive would be cool.
  3. Ronin Oni

Triage?

It's not even a suit slot, it's a medic passive... we are talking about the same cert line right?

Sure, it's expensive in certs for effect, but 1st rank for slow healing squad in vehicles is a no-brainer.
  4. ShadowViper

You should probably do more research on this topic to understand more in depth about the kind of buffs your may be asking for and how they effect gameplay.

What I quoted you saying, is extremely short-sighted and incorrect.
  5. Peebuddy

I'd use it if it ment you could slash with your knife while running.

Seriously though, trying to knife someone walking at a brisk pace is infuriating
  6. Goretzu

Yeah the reason we don't have 3rd person infantry-view and likely another reason they are unlikely to give 30%+ speed increases. :D
  7. Goretzu

Any source for that current Drifters seem to move a tiny bit faster than sprint (probably 10%)

But in any case you cannot ADAD with drifters as they have momentum.
  8. CapEnTrade

I call bull, you're just saying that. Truth is there is no real evidence to support your claims and the fact is that you can even shoot people on flashes well enough. Someone who is running slightly slower than a guy with drifters is not going to pose an issue, period. How do I know? We all shoot things moving faster (even much faster) than sprinting and even maneuvering every time we play.

Hit detection is client-side.
    Yeah, I've done races against infantry with/without AP, as well as a vanguard tank. After this and looking at a simple recording of some of this I got the feeling it was around 30% faster than sprint. The exact numbers we obviously don't know.

A 12% movement speed for the rest of the motion will not pose an issue to ADAD as the effect would be small, Even if for some reason it becomes an issue, you can simply remove the speed bonus for A and D while walking&aiming.

Like I said, a non-issue.
  9. Iridar51

Not sure what, but something needs to be done about Adrenaline Pump.

Currently, among actually serious loadouts, Adrenaline Pump can be useful only to Stalker Infiltrators, which is probably the least popular and combat effective loadout in the entire game.
  10. Eyeklops

100%? Really....time to pull out an old gif
    [IMG]
  11. zaspacer

I am currently running Adrenaline Pump on all (7) of my Infiltrator Loadouts. The only other options that compete with it are Ammunition Belt (if I am gonna be deep in the field and might run out of Ammo) or *maybe* Flak Armor (if I expect a lot of Personnel Mines).

Adrenaline Pump on Infiltrator is great because:
    1) it cuts down on travel time
    2) it lets me catch anyone that runs from me
    3) it lets me cloak and evade with much higher success
    4) it helps me cut down on the time spent exposed or juggling Cloak charge while moving from cover to cover

It's not like I'm gonna win a heads up fight anyway. So I use my Suit Slot (AP) to help me get better surprise/positioning on them or improve escape/evasion.

My Infil Loadouts:
    1) Suppressed (6x) RAMS/Parallax/Longshot
    2) Suppressed ASR (sometimes pop the Suppressor off)
    3) Noisy Armistice/Eridani/Cyclone
    4) (12x) RAMS/Parallax/Longshot
    5) Laser HS/NV Vandal
    6) Suppressed Armistice/Eridani/Cyclone
    7) Stalker