[Suggestion] STOP IT WITH THE SUGGESTIONS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Feb 11, 2017.

1. LaughingDead

Look, we get it, new dev on team, promises for change, ambiguous promises, motivation for game to get better, is good, but for the love of god, let them do their own thing.

I advocate ALOT that the devs push out not thought through changes or biased changes, sure, I don't like some of them, but god damn let's see what they put out first before reviewing it, a game isn't a buffet, you don't pick and choose everything you want, you get the special with the sauce ya don't like but willing to try new things even if it tastes bad at the end.

But oh my god, enough. They said they have a plan, that plan is in motion, let's not suggest something minor that could bring about a major balancing fault when they already have the big plan sorted out. It would suck for a good update to be ruined by something as small as a glitch that makes something instantly dead.

Let's just sit back for now. Judge later.
    • Up x 1
  2. ColonelChingles

That's hard to say when Wrel is pushing out biased "balance" changes as a Dev. If we trusted the Devs more to be fair and impartial there's wouldn't be as much an issue, but so long as they have a proven track record of not being able to properly balance the game then I think we have every right to judge.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

Speaking of suggestions, can anyone think of a suggestion that made it through? I can only think of the AV mana turret back in early 2013. I remember Higby saying after he left that most of the suggestions on these forums are things that they have already thought of.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pikachu

If you got to do the balance we would have 4 of these at every base. :D
    • Up x 1
  5. TheSunlikeOne

I have suggested several shield bubble changes and they were implemented. I don't know if devs read that thread, or they had the same idea, but I really appreciate these changes.
    • Up x 1
  6. LaughingDead

Fair points, but the thing is, we've been suggesting all this time and almost nothing got through. Here they are promising changes that will make vehicles feel good, change the interaction and put more vehicles into the game instead of on the side.

So if we suggest nothing, they put their ideas out, we judge, if game does not improve, leave. It's clear that this is a make or break update, putting more suggestions on the board does two things:
    1. Annoys the crap outta me when there's literally nothing but suggestions, not even a list just forum spam.
    2. Muddles the mixture

Simply put, suggestions are not going to help. This is their idea of how the game should be in this next update, if it's clear that devs do not want vehicles to be as involved in the game as infantry is then it's clear to simply not play.

Personally, I'm enjoying another alpha game called Angels Fall First, good mixed combat, lots of loadout potential, the UI is god awful for noobies and some of the balancing has not been worked out (ammo or healing verses simply respawning) but over all the game feels good.
    Turrets feel good, flame throwers feel good, heavy infantry feel good, sniper rifles feel good, even vehicles feel good. Also boarding a capital ship in space using the pod that you board with as a spawn invading an enemy ship and taking objectives like the turrets and engines to actually influence how the ship operates in combat with your allies trying to lower the ships combat effectiveness; if that isn't the most ******* kick *** thing you've ever heard of being done in a multiplayer video game then I have no clue what rock you are used to sucking off of.

Like, one time, I boarded as a sort of spy loadout, killed their engines just as they were heading into the fray, they spin out losing control of their main anti capital "shoot only straight ahead" laser, so they obviously lose because it was a mobility kill, then I escape by using one of the ENEMY FIGHTERS in the hanger below before the ship blows up, THATS ******* AMAZING.
  7. No0T

ENVY LOOKS LIKE THIS. So ugly...
  8. No0T

7 of 13 suggestions I made have been implemented. Its all in the forums JUST READ.
  9. Pikachu

"Another alpha game" :D Anyway is that new game multiplayer, does it have ground vehicles? I saw only space ships and no multiplayer tag.
  10. Pikachu

Please tell which. New or changed content, not balance changes.
  11. No0T

And that one probably has no infiltrators and he didnt even repair in that because he better be playing that one than this one... Because he hates infiltrators but he never realized it.
  12. BrbImAFK

Proof or it didn't happen. Also, "even a broken clock is right, twice a day"!
    • Up x 1
  13. Ziggurat8

You're in an alpha without a non disclosure agreement? Seriously? I thought you couldn't talk about it...like...at all...
  14. MaDiv

@Offtopic: It's available on Steam.
    • Up x 1
  15. TR5L4Y3R

... how bout NO! ? ... just because people put up suggestionthreads doesn´t have to mean that they are automatically thrown torwards the devs "WAAAGH NOTICE ME SENPAI !!!" .. these threads should be meant to start discussion between forummates .... weither they do or do not agree with the OP´s suggestion or topic in question or what they generally think of it or what they may change suggest differently about a topic ..
  16. LaughingDead

Trust me, the joke was intended.
    Also yes, maps do include ground vehicle types from both factions, both factions also offer diversity along with different weapons and vehicles. They have space fights, ground fights, armor I believe and a mixture.
    It's not as open as PS2, but it's new and is like battlefield if it was more loose with the loadouts.

But oh god boarding, battlefield doesn't do that I believe.
  17. ObiVanuKenobi

0 out of 10 sounds more realistic after a glance at your post history.
    • Up x 2
  18. LaughingDead

Mb, beta not alpha. I was thinking early access and alpha were in the same boat. But then again drinking and staying awake at 3 am will make words blend.
  19. TheMish

Idk man, personally I think the new devs are great besides the infernal NS weaponry they keep churning out.

Under them, the TR have finally been buffed to usefulness, under them, the VS has finally be nerfed severely and is finally fairly well balanced, under them a whole bunch of bugs have been fixed.

I think so far they're showing promise, maybe to the point that they can turn things around for the game.

The old devs, especially Higby, were utterly worthless.
  20. zaspacer

I'm with ColonelChingles. I just don't trust PS2 Devs. Across a wide range of stuff. Especially now. Scrutiny and feedback early and often from players, will either mitigate the damage earlier (if they listen) or lay the groundwork for less unchecked upheaval by Devs in the future (if they ignore us but then see the noise in retrospect).

Even games with great Devs I am a proponent of active, detailed, and including critical feedback. I *was* working at a Dev, and I personally appreciated, reviewed, and took into account all submitted feedback the company received that was sorted and forwarded by the AP to me (though many Designers just tossed it without looking).

If we are unwarranted in our concerns and ultimately unfounded in our outcry, GREAT. We can all praise all the great changes and bask in the wonder of a better game.