Still not a peep about metagame

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsinek, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Arsinek

Havent logged on in awhile, the game is just boring. Its too mindless, not enough things to do, very shallow gameplay. Planetside 2 is Battlefield Conquest on a map that never changes. Im hoping they will make some sort of announcement about the addition of a metagame.
  2. Littleman

One doesn't simply add a metagame. They can plan to add content that they feel will add a meta game. For the most part, meta game is born through the players and their use and understanding of the content. I'm not too sure Riot games for example foresaw players segregating champions into ideal lanes and roles, but they probably build most of their champions around those concepts today.

Then again, developers can be incredibly oblivious to common practices.

Planetside 2 is missing a bit. Gal drops/raids aren't nearly as common as they should be, nor feel as necessary, since everything is just so open. Spawn zerging a location is usually more than enough to eventually trample an enemy defense. Defenses shouldn't be too strong, but they need to be strong enough that simply bashing one's head against the wall without overwhelming odds isn't going to work like it does now.
    • Up x 2
  3. Dubious

Metagame is the reason PS1 lasted so long
    The ability to lock conts will make the game 100x better cause the pop wont be spread over 3 conts like now, but rather 1 cont if they are low pop
    I just played NC on Miller and its pointless cause they are the under pop empire and still they fight on 3 conts, cause they all "open"
    In PS1, only the active conts were open, so mostly just 1 or 2 conts, maybe 3 in peak times

PS2 atm is a neverending circle, you take Esamir, you go and take Amerish and lose Esamir, cause it didnt get locked and once you leave the other empire(s) take it
    Took me years to even consider a break from PS1
    Now Im not sure if I can be arsed to play anymore cause WoW looks a lot better..
  4. Warthog

there currently is meta-game , getting the most of your faction on one continent so you can reach 60-70 percent and zerg the continent.
  5. Arsinek

Im using the term metagame the way SOE uses it. And they use it to describe the actually "game" part of the game.
  6. steveo

Just need PS1 Lattice system back in.
  7. Flying Butt Monkeys

There won't be one.

SOE is after the Call of Duty crowd, remember? Just like every major publisher.

Meta is too complex for the Call of Duty crowd.
  8. Littleman

Then I shudder to think that maybe SOE isn't quite full of gamers, hence a lot of the balance issues they seem to be completely oblivious to, or at least simply silent about. The term "meta-game" used in too broad a sense loses its meaning entirely and simply turns into a synonym for "content."
  9. RykerStruvian