Still no TR carbine to match the DPS of GD-7F or Serpent.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thpthpthp, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Thpthpthp

Lynx had it's RoF buffed but it's damage gimped, so... What the hell was the point?
  2. Tommyp2006

and we never will. Such is life. We have other weapons to make up for that, like the TRV, or the Armastice which is technically the highest DPS SMG. Asymmetrical balance and all that.
    • Up x 1
  3. uhlan

Why is it necessary to have equivalents at all?
    • Up x 2
  4. DashRendar

And you'd better hope they don't give you an equivalent. All those super-DPS weapons are overnerfed and generally feel bad to use. The new Lynx is nothing short of amazing. If you can complain while having that then you will truly never be satisfied.
    • Up x 1
  5. z1967

higher ROF is better at closer range. I do think that the new Lynx is actually going to perform really well and easily compare to the GD-7F and Serpent. Its like a better armistice.
    • Up x 2
  6. OldMaster80

Agreed. Sometimes I feel some will never be 100% satisfied until the day we will have all exactly the same weapon with exactly the same stats.
    Some players just cannot appreciate differences between faction gear.
    • Up x 5
  7. SavageBacon

This exactly... The faction traits create weapons such that some weapon types of one faction will excel over similar weapon types of other factions in a certain way, but not necessarily be best in class.
  8. lolB0b

Stop complaining about the new Lynx. DPS isn't all you know.
    We got an excellent weapon which is way more versatile than their NC/VS counterparts at the cost of a little close range DPS.

In contrast to the Cougar, they got the Lynx exactly right!
    • Up x 3
  9. minhalexus

NC GD-7F needs to be revamped into a 167@670.

That way it will have a DPS and DPM close to the Lynx 2.0.
    They can tweak other values such as reloads, damage drop off, recoil to make sure its in line with other weapons in overall performance.
    • Up x 1
  10. phreec

No. It's high RoF is the reason it's being used. High RoF > * in CQC.
  11. AMW1011

You're kidding right? The Lynx is far less versatile if anything.
  12. minhalexus

Its more actually.

Damage dropoff is the same at 100 (unless I'm wrong)
    Recoil is more controllable.
    DPS is about the same in CQC. (as the old lynx)
  13. AMW1011

The VX6-7 is infinitely more controllable than the new Lynx, and I even find my trusty GD-7F to be about as controllable if not more so. The random horizontal recoil and high RPM makes it really difficult to stay on target even in close-mid range.
  14. Poppington

Aside from buttslapping distance, these CoF nerfs and buffs matter a lot more than people are seeming to realize. Using TR CQC carbines at midrange is a lot more viable now. I'll take that over -another- CQC carbine any day.
  15. Dahwhatsdat???

If our CQC carbines become more usuable at range at the expense of ability at CQC wouldn't that mean they are no longer CQC weapons? :/
  16. Longasc

The GD-7F is good, but trust me, you rather want the VX or Solstice but NOT the Serpent. It's kinda awful and to kill someone at point blank I need no 50-100 more RoF but rather have to shoot the fraction of a second earlier.
  17. minhalexus

I dont know about VX6-7, but the new lynx seems more controllable than the GD-7F
  18. SharpeShooter

To keep the factions competitive! are you REALLY asking that question?
  19. SharpeShooter

What are you talking about you're saying the GD-7F is good but the serpent is bad? When its more or less a clone just better in some aspects!

The TR NEED a carbine to compete with the GD-7F the Serpent and now the Bandit (the latter because TR are morons). Are CQC carbines are complete trash compared to the other factions now.
  20. Epic High Five

This argument that DPS > everything needs to be taken out back and beaten with a shovel

Do you TR even realize that the very carbine you lust the most for - the Mercenary - has a lower DPS and DPM than every single TR carbine but the AMC?

The Lynx is more than capable of this task. And yeah the Bandit is freaking great, thanks for passing on it so we got it instead TR!
    • Up x 2