Stick with ML-7 or buy Decimator?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Gnomefather, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Gnomefather

Is the Decimator really worth it over the ML-7?(or any other ES default RL?
  2. Poppington

Yes. Alpha damage is huge in this game. The lower rocket count is rarely an issue. The longer reload time is never an issue - in fact, you still have a faster TTK on some vehicles. All you need to do is get used to is the heavier drop. The biggest thing is that the decimator one shots ESFs from 100%. ESRLs bring the ESFs to 90-95%, from which the pilot can fire suppression or flee and repair.

However, I would be hesitant to buy it unless you're running out of things to buy. I'd pick it up on a DBC sale.
  3. Zvezdan

It's pretty much a straight upgrade over the default dumbfire, but if you're looking for a new launcher I'd recommend getting the G2A launcher (Grounder for TR) first.
  4. Plastikfrosch

before going for the dezimator i would go for your ES G2A-Lock on launcher that is still able to dumbfire. it will work against ground vehicles like your default launcher (which is always a solid option) and is good to force A2G farmer to go away. Also the striker works especially good against hostile air especially since it does not warn them and they cant run away before the rockets are shot, is good against vehicles but therefore its not really effective against infantry.
    Sooooooo, stay with your default one and go for the G2A lock on as an addition.
  5. Iridar51

I think ML7 is better. Its superior projectile velocity is really noticeable when dealing with targets at mid range or further.

I mean, if you're a rocket scientist - go ahead. But when I make a choice myself, I gotta be realistic, and I don't trust myself to hit decimator rockets with same consistency. What's the point of having a harder hitting rocket if you're not gonna hit it?

Unless all you wanna do with rocket launcher is to blow up MAXes right in their face in close quarters combat, ML7 is a better pick, IMO.
    • Up x 5
  6. Crayv

It is much harder to hit with and if you miss you get to deal with a longer reload and 1 less rocket total. Not to mention at dealing with infantry its damage model is a flat out downgrade to the default.
  7. Khallixtus

It really depends on what you already have. Most importantly before you buy the Decimator, do you have the Lock-On RLs, most importantly the Air Lock-On. Has your HA got the necessary Primary weapons and suit + ability + utilities upgrades to be effective?

The Decimator is just a different version of the ML-7 that hits slower and harder. It's not an important buy, unless you can afford it easily and decide it would fit your playstyle. Generally, there are more important things to buy.
    • Up x 1
  8. Moz

Most important launcher for the standard heavy loadout is your ES G2A lock on launcher.

If you haven't picked this up yet.... Get this first!

The Hawk is my default launcher now-a-days. It gives you the beauty of locking onto and scaring the crap out of aircraft, while also having you dumb fire (with decent projectile speed and an easy aim scope) for infantry and tanks. No brainer IMHO.... Although it took me two years to realise.... -.-
  9. Ryo313

as for TR... go for the Grounder ... G2A lock on and dumbfire to hit stuff on the ground.
    tbh i never bothered with any other RL besides the Striker which i'm kinda disappointed with ...

the Grounder is a good RL ... test it..
  10. LaughingDead

For the sake of anti vehicles, deci is generally good, but when it comes to versatility, base is best. The difference between a direct hit on a max from both is usually negligible, slower rocket speed and drop isn't when it comes to longer range max removal. Vehicles? I've dodged deci shots from pull to explosion from about 60 meters in a vanguard in an open area from a still start

If I were you, I'd look into the targets you CANT hit like ESFs out of reach or libs, or even a shelling tank (shelling tank is a bit unlikely from a long distance) I usually just use the AA lock on since almost no one seems to buy them for removing ESFs.