Steam not recognizing PS2 anymore?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by haldolium, May 21, 2013.

1. haldolium

Ever since GU8, Steam stopped recognizing when I play PS2. It only sets my stat to "in game" when the launcher starts, as soon as the game boots up, it stops.

Just me or anyone else has the same?

Community overlay doesn't work therefore, and neither playtime counting.
  2. Osskscosco

Works for me.
  3. haldolium

Ok thank you, then I have to see where the problem is on my end.
  4. HJK148

I'm getting this as well, when the launcher starts it sets my status to in-game, but as soon as I press the Play button my status goes back to Online, I can't press Shift + Tab for the Steam in-game overlay either.
  5. haldolium

Have you changed anything?

I cannot recall that I did. IIRC that happened immediately after GU8.
  6. haldolium

push.

Steam still doesn't recognize my PS2 as a running steam game. Thats now 2 or 3 months.
  7. Cl1mh4224rd

Did anyone having this problem install PlanetSide 2 through Steam? Or did you install it separately and then "Add a Non-Steam Game..."?

I've had the issue you describe with non-Steam games I've added to Steam, but can't say I've noticed it with games installed through Steam.
  8. haldolium

For me its a "steam game" (even though PS2 doesn't require steam to be running, which is rare) but it worked fine ever before GU7 or 8.
  9. DrSNAFU

Planetside 2 disappeared off my steam game list a couple days ago. Had to re-add it as a third party game, but that means no overlay or screenshot support. Oh well. It still plays just fine apparently.
  10. haldolium

push.

Still no more community features here. Kind of annoying to me since I use steam chat quite a bit.
  11. haldolium

12. daddy86

i downloaded it through steam, play it trhough steam and never had problems.

Maybe a reinstall?
  13. haldolium

I'd rather like to know what the problem is tbh... no fan of the "format c:"-way as workaround.
  14. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Try validating your game assets and see if it makes a difference. If it doesn't, then I'd suggest submitting in a support ticket so we can further assist you.