Stealth Lattice Connectivty Change?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Czuuk, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Czuuk

So I was just moving a platoon around on Essamir. We moved to secure the Rink. Then we tried to spread out. Ghost capping VS moved in behind us and cut off our link three territories back. We were no longer able to push from the cut off territory, even though the local connections were secure.

Is this the way lattice is supposed to work or is this a new feature not documented in the patch?
  2. Czuuk

Is this broken or working as intended?
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

Hopefully broken but probably working as intended.
  4. Van Dax

hopefully working as intended, you cutoff territories for a reason.
    • Up x 2
  5. Badname6587

Im confused by this thread... the hats spread out?

Lies.
  6. ScrapyardBob

If it's as I think it now works, hopefully an intended change. One of the big problems with the old pre-lattice system was that an isolated territory could spread like a cancer, even if you cut it off from the warp-gate they could go and take some other territories. This was fixed slightly with lattice, but it is still possible to use a cutoff territory to drive deeper into enemy territory. As a result, two large zergs would just migrate past each other, following the path of least resistance.

If you can no longer move forward once you get cutoff from the warpgate, then I consider that to be a good change. Now you have to secure your "supply" lines. If the enemy interdicts your lines, you have to fallback and resecure.

In the future, with the resource revamp, I would instead like it to be that disconnected territories have a severe penalty to respawn/resupply rate. So if you are fighting in a cutoff territory, your logistics become 10x more difficult. You can't spawn in troops as fast, or spawn vehicles as quickly and you need to setup portable nanite-generators everywhere, truck in more nanites, bring vehicles up from farther back, etc. just to keep up the fighting pace.
  7. IamDH

Intended, i think