[Suggestion] Stealth in possessed territory

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Slywether, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Slywether

Prob not a lot of people that remember Tanarus. My first p2p game and man did I love it. Any who, SOE has taken some things from that game in the form of vehicle names at least, Vanguard, lightning, magrider. So why not a little more.

There was a tank that cloaked, it was the chameleon. Infiltrators would fall into this category I believe. Part of Tanarus was battery management. Without going into to much detail, a Chameleon used its battery to power its cloak. Within Friendly territory you could cloak forever, stray into enemy territory and it had a limited life span, eventually resulting in no cloak until you got back to your teams ground to recharge your batts.

I think, maybe as an additional cloak, rather than replacing the currents, something like this would be cool for infils. If you are standing around in your base, or your territory, then you can cloak forever. Enter enemy territory and it has a much longer stealth time available 1-2 minutes maybe, maybe more. Either way once you deplete that, no more cloaking until you high tail it back to an area controlled by your faction, and recharge the cloaks battery, just by being there.

This cloak would have to add a hum or something. Maybe the visual is enough. I can usually spot an enemy infil instantly, I got good peepers. Spotting one in Tanarus was all audio, you could hear it running.

I just think that would be cool, and far more infiltrator'ly than it is now.

Another suggestion:
    Chameleons had a badass weapon called the Lancer. In PS2 this could be another form of AV specifically for the infiltrator. In Tanarus, you had shields, which effectively negated the lancer. When an enemy was vulnerable in a recon station, their shields dropped, lancer, missle, boom, dead tank.
    In PS2 maybe make it only capable of piercing rear armor. Requiring you to get position on the enemy tank. Also make the weapon work off your cloak battery, so you could only use it once or twice in enemy territory, before needing to return to homebase to recharge.

Just a few neat ideas I thought I'd share.

Peace.

and, any Tanarus vets out there, CHEERS! I miss that game.
  2. Sumguy720

Yeah, I like the idea of a cloaking device that lasts longer (and maybe doesn't make noise) but does not recharge unless the player resupplies somehow.